Grand Slam

C
CFishRun
Has anyone heard of the Grand Slam, catching a set number of different species in the same family. (ie. Bull Trout, Golden Trout, Rainbow, etc.) Does Oregon have such a thing? I know Georgia has the Bass Slam but it would be cool if Oregon had the Trout Slam. Has anyone ever attempted the feet and what would the list be comprised of. Let me know your thoughts, I think it would be a good annuall challenge see who can achieve or get closest to achieving a Trout Slam.

T
troutmasta
I'd Say Rainbow, Cutthroat, Brown, Brookie, and the elusive Golden. I've caught alll the first four at Harriet. Never caught a Golden though. Where are they at.?

H
halibuthitman
well when I was a about 13 I started cause I wanted to catch every trout there was on a flyrod, and I caught about 25 different species and sub species, but considering there are over 6500 species and subspecies of trout on earth.... it would take a lifetime:shock:

H
Hooked on fishin'
troutmasta said:
I'd Say Rainbow, Cutthroat, Brown, Brookie, and the elusive Golden. I've caught alll the first four at Harriet. Never caught a Golden though. Where are they at.?

I used to catch them in Ohio, beautiful fish... don't know where here, I know they can be found in CA mountains, the Sierra-Nevada range I believe. I would'nt mind getting into some myself, the OH ones sure were tasty!:)

Last edited:
F
Fishtopher
If you check the search, there is a member on here, with pics of him holding a golden trout, caught locally, though I think in a private pond...name that member!;):lol:

T
Troutier Bassier
Im setting that as my Next Years Goal. Catching a Golden Trout, They are very rare, Catches havent been reported in a while. I know they have them somewhere in the Eagle Cap Wilderness Area. Hobo Lake I think its called.