Gp 7-3

C
Combat Chuck
Hit the water at 'way too early' yesterday. It was a slow day for me and the other boats. The kokanee have schooled up but didn't want to play. I took home 5 and tossed a few little ones back. Only one had really good size. I did better than the boats I talked to.. sling blades and hoochies with corn. Got bored at one point and switched to bass but that just got me more little ones. Back home by 11 to start the smoker on June's catch :D

troutdude
troutdude
From what I've been hearing and reading about GP lately...you did well. It's been pathetically slow, even for seasoned koke peeps.

C
capblack
Combat Chuck said:
Hit the water at 'way too early' yesterday. It was a slow day for me and the other boats. The kokanee have schooled up but didn't want to play. I took home 5 and tossed a few little ones back. Only one had really good size. I did better than the boats I talked to.. sling blades and hoochies with corn. Got bored at one point and switched to bass but that just got me more little ones. Back home by 11 to start the smoker on June's catch :D[/QUOT

what part of the lake were you fishing? we are headed back this saturday. the last few years people have killed them between the island and the restroom, but most have said closer to the dam is better this year. we have trolled all over, but havent done any better than you. Brian

C
Combat Chuck
Ive caught from the dam all the way up past the island. Specifically yesterday I was fishing towards the dam. Actually my best bite this year came trolling away from the floating restroom. Just dropped the downriggers right there and headed towards the santiam arm.

C
Combat Chuck
I like to stay away from the crowds unless I have to. So far I havent had to join them :D.

C
Combat Chuck
Same story again this weekend. Took home 6 (4 of them at about 14") and several little ones that went back. Slow for the other boats too. Back home at 10:30 to get ready for a BBQ :)