Got some eggs

F
fish_4_all
Plastic ones at least, not bad for my first injections I guess.

Orangeandcharteggs.jpg

These are fluorescent orange and chartreuse.

Everything turned out really well except for the smallest ones. A lot of bubbles in them but good color.
these should get something salmon like to hit them I hope.

I wish I could get a better picture, gonna try taking one outside to see if I can get it to look more true to their color. I the sun they simply look awesome
and should get somethings attention in clear or low water. Might even fool a steelhead to hit them.

Have a few more colors, purple, bubblegum, fluorescent pink, and cinnamon (a light motor oil color IMO)

M
meluvtrout
Did you buy the salmon egg sampler on bass tackle site? How do you like it?

F
fish_4_all
Orandchrtbetter.jpg

That's a better picture. Still doesn't show how transparent they are but shows they real color a lot closer.

I did get the sampler from bass tackle and the egg skirt mold. I really like them both.

The 3/16 eggs are tough to get to come out solid, other than that I just need to get better and faster to make everything turn right.

I might switch to using clamps on the sampler instead of the wing nuts just for ease and speed. Getting wing nuts on and off with gloves on can be a pain.

troutdude
troutdude
Those look great! I'd like to try the smallest green ones; for steel on the S. Santiam.

F
FishFinger
Would it be possible to dot them? Or depending on how translucent they, one could always dress part of the hook shank with a spot of colour creating that embryo effect. just thinking out loud here...

F
fish_4_all
They can be dotted, not easy but can be done. Hardest part is get it to stay in place when injecting the full mold and not plugging the later eggs in the string. I will have to see what the experts recommend on how to get it done the best.

I am going to try and make the clusters in multiple colors eventually. I have to get better at the basics before I try the harder stuff. Chartreuse, pink and orange have been my best combined colors in chenille so I figure an egg cluster of the 3 could be very productive. Cover the bases in one bait hoping that the other colors won't prevent them from hitting the color they want.

Would it be better to have a true dot or would a small streak work the same?

S
steelhead_stalkers
Very cool!

Last edited:
F
fish_4_all
They call it colorant, I am using Caney Creek X2 colorants.

Have been asking around and putting a dot in should be easy enough. Might have to try this for summer run.