Got rid of that skunk!

U
universalfishermatt
Finally got rid or the skunk tailing me! Found this 23 incher that loved my dough. :D IMG_20140905_210414.jpg

T
Throbbit _Shane
It always feels good to get that skunk smell OFF of you! Nice carp!

M
montym
I am salivating, that would taste so good.....I will try for carp again tomorrow after many many months...

U
universalfishermatt
Ever been to Trojan?? I want to go sometime!! Tonight I snapped my 20lb line on something huge. I'm pickled, I spent half of the 40 min fight fine tuning my drag each time the hog made its power runs

montym said:
I am salivating, that would taste so good.....I will try for carp again tomorrow after many many months...

Last edited by a moderator:
I
igquick
I forgot to give you a tip about fishing at night when I was texting you but, I was asking you about if it was happening at night because the carp could have tangled himself in the lily pads which really really really really sucks....it gives the chance to either tangle the line around the pads which puts more strain onto ur line and the only way getting out of it is ripping the lily pads, or it gives the carp an easier eay to spit the hook out...so i would highly recommend using at least 40 lb test so you could rip those pads off....ive ripped off pads with 12 lb line for carp, but this one u speak of sounds like it was at least a 20 lber that was destroying everything in its path like godzilla....i give anybody props for getting a carp out of lily pads and/or reeds...i was also wondering where the line broke because i think you were using snap swivels right? And they have a breaking strain that is far lower than 20 lbs, and also what did the line break look like? A real line break just looks like the end of your fishing line while a knot that unlooped itself from a high amount of strain looks like the end of ur line being "frayed"...i hope u also get some barrel swivels and get ur carpy revenge! Good luck to u bro