Got my guided salmon trip booked!!

R
rippin fish lips
So i am going on the ocean in winchesterbay for a guided salmon trip with Strike Zone.
I am SUPER stoked!!! Has anyone been fishing out there? If so how is it? Have the salmon shows up in BIG or (decent) numbers?

Oh, it will be my first time ever out on the ocean. I have always been on a boat but not in the ocean. So i'm sure ill get a little sea sick, but i hope not too much. Does anyone think i will? If so, Do you have any tips on helping the sea sickness?

Thanks, Tanner.

F
fishndad
well, winchester bay they r starting to pick up, when is your trip scheduled? as for a tip, bring saltines and do not think about being sea sick or else it is a better chance u will lol

S
SALTYFISH
always keep ur eyes on the horizon, don't stare at the bottom of the boat or u will get sick

R
rippin fish lips
fishndad said:
well, winchester bay they r starting to pick up, when is your trip scheduled? as for a tip, bring saltines and do not think about being sea sick or else it is a better chance u will lol

My trip is scheduled for the 18th of this month! :) And thanks for the tips!

T
Thuggin4Life
Should be a good trip since thay are showing in the river i would imagine them being stacked in the ocean waiting for that trigger that sends them upstream. also you can get ito coho. i thinks its barbless so keep a tight line. As for sea sick if you dont get car sick or boat sick you should be fine. just dont think about it and stay busy and never just sit an stare at one spot( kinda like when you get the drinking spins, sitting downis never the best bet). Let me know how much you had to pay to go and maybe when i finish my boat and the river gets really hot i could "charge you" meaning you pitch in on the resources it takes to get there and fish and all that to go out with us and slay some cheaper salmon. I even have extra gear.

R
rippin fish lips
alright, well we are getting a good deal at 225 or 250 a person. (me and a friend). im so excited!

T
Thuggin4Life
Woah! check it out I will sell you an open seat this fall for $50. And I will supply the bait, rod, gear, boat, gas, and the ride. All you need is food, beverages, and warm clothes. Hows that for a deal? Can't garruntee you a fish but we fish right in the mix with everyone else employing almost identical tactics that have seemed to work. I'll even bait your hook.

R
rippin fish lips
Sounds good! Let me know when u plan on heading out this fall!

D
Derick
Where do yall go for fall chinook?

R
rippin fish lips
well this trip is out on the ocean in winchesterbay. There is other threads around on this forum regarding "fall chinook"

T
Thuggin4Life
People are hitting them now but its not hot. towards the end of this month i like to focus on them hard well into october. then i switch to coho.

O
ol tymer
I've been out several times on party boats and as soon as I get up that morning I take a drammimine tablet, have a light breakfast, oatmeal and toast or (?) whatever. Then I take along some cheese and crackers and a banana and a 7-up for lunch. Never been sick but a lot of guys are feeding the fishys. Also its important to get your sea legs under you. When you feel the boat pitch and roll, go with it rather than fight it. Bend your knees and transfer your weight to the downside then when it comes back up, go to the other leg. Lay off the spirits the night before. Hope this helps.

W
wormosa
way to expensive !!

W
wormosa
ol tymer said:
I've been out several times on party boats and as soon as I get up that morning I take a drammimine tablet, have a light breakfast, oatmeal and toast or (?) whatever. Then I take along some cheese and crackers and a banana and a 7-up for lunch. Never been sick but a lot of guys are feeding the fishys. Also its important to get your sea legs under you. When you feel the boat pitch and roll, go with it rather than fight it. Bend your knees and transfer your weight to the downside then when it comes back up, go to the other leg. Lay off the spirits the night before. Hope this helps.
bananas are a no no on a boat lol

F
fishnquest
ol tymer said:

You know there are people out there that will throw you overboard for that.:naughty:

C
cwsmith
Thuggin4Life said:
Should be a good trip since thay are showing in the river i would imagine them being stacked in the ocean waiting for that trigger that sends them upstream. also you can get ito coho. i thinks its barbless so keep a tight line. As for sea sick if you dont get car sick or boat sick you should be fine. just dont think about it and stay busy and never just sit an stare at one spot( kinda like when you get the drinking spins, sitting downis never the best bet). Let me know how much you had to pay to go and maybe when i finish my boat and the river gets really hot i could "charge you" meaning you pitch in on the resources it takes to get there and fish and all that to go out with us and slay some cheaper salmon. I even have extra gear.

Thuggin4Life, I'd be willing to pitch in to get out after some cheaper salmon. Where do you go out of? Let me know if you ever got some room.

R
rippin fish lips
wormosa said:
way to expensive !!

It's not too expensive when its a graduation present! :)

W
wormosa
well good luck with it, my trip out next week will cost 160.00 for 8 hours

W
wormosa
fishnquest said:
You know there are people out there that will throw you overboard for that.:naughty:
leave the bananas at home !!! the one dude not u lol

O
ol tymer
Believing in a superstition creates an inbalance in your ying and yang. Free your mind from such cluttered thoughts before fishing.