Got my first (early) Summer today!

B
bran_man
Well they are still low in numbers but I managed to hook into one today! I'm not going to say exactly where on the mac or even what I used. My own little secret! ;) artificial of course and completely regulation legal. All I will say is that I used Steelhead Stalkers products and nothing else. If I used anything else, I probably wouldn't have caught anything... Was a great fight and she didn't want to give up! But in the end, I won the battle. She was VERY strong and acrobatic! She ran 5 times stripping line easily (with my drag set fairly tight) and jumped 3 times and a fresh/bright fish. Was the most fun I've had in a long time! Ps. sorry my eyes were in the process of closing when the picture took

• FirstSummer2011.jpg
J
JeannaJigs
Very nice. It's almost time to get my driftboat cleaned up from the winter mess and start fishin closer to home.

troutdude
troutdude
bran_man said:
Ps. sorry my eyes were in the process of closing when the picture took

LOL. It makes you look Oriental!

Nice feesh.

W
waco
Nice fish there!!!!

B
bran_man
troutdude said:
LOL. It makes you look Oriental!

Well I am half Chinese so that probably helped with that one! Ha ha ha

M
markasd
BRIGHT fish bm! Kinda looks like ya had a nice day too - kinda sunny?

Congrats dude...

T
Throbbit_Trout_Slam
umm oriental is a flavor

M
mgdguy
That's a nice summer! Sounds like a great fight too :)

R
rippin fish lips
bran_man said:
Well they are still low in numbers but I managed to hook into one today! I'm not going to say exactly where on the mac or even what I used. My own little secret! ;) artificial of course and completely regulation legal. All I will say is that I used Steelhead Stalkers products and nothing else. If I used anything else, I probably wouldn't have caught anything... Was a great fight and she didn't want to give up! But in the end, I won the battle. She was VERY strong and acrobatic! She ran 5 times stripping line easily (with my drag set fairly tight) and jumped 3 times and a fresh/bright fish. Was the most fun I've had in a long time! Ps. sorry my eyes were in the process of closing when the picture took

nice fish!!! above springfield or below? :p

T
Thuggin4Life
NIce fish man way to get into an early one!

P
plumb2fish
I recognize that brush in the background....BTW way to go....

R
rippin fish lips
plumb2fish said:
I recognize that brush in the background....BTW way to go....

now that i looked at it again i know where that is.

B
bran_man
Don't say it!!!!!!! Ha ha j/k. I do that all the time when watching fishing videos or looking at pics. I'll know exactly where they are and where they're standing ha ha

R
rippin fish lips
bran_man said:
Don't say it!!!!!!! Ha ha j/k. I do that all the time when watching fishing videos or looking at pics. I'll know exactly where they are and where they're standing ha ha

brad man, do you float fish? Bait fish? or cast hardware?

B
bran_man
ps. you will also notice that I took the pic up at the road by the rig instead of down where I caught it. So even though you know where on the river, you don' know the exact location! ;)

B
bran_man
rippin fish lips said:
brad man, do you float fish? Bait fish? or cast hardware?

All of the above my friend (except for bait at the moment obviously because there only artificial flies and lures only on the mac right now)! I'm just very well versed like that!!! Ha ha totally joking. But yeah I will throw my entire arsenal at them until I find something that is effectice for that particular trip/day.

R
rippin fish lips
bran_man said:
All of the above my friend (except for bait at the moment obviously because there only artificial flies and lures only on the mac right now)! I'm just very well versed like that!!! Ha ha totally joking. But yeah I will throw my entire arsenal at them until I find something that is effectice for that particular trip/day.

ahh yeah! I am a casting freak when im lure fishing! I want to get into float fishing this year tho!!

B
bran_man
Yeah I was mostly a drift fisher until I started float fishing. I think its the funniest way to fish now. Nothing like seeing that bobber go under! I thinks its one of the easiest methods to learn and you lose WAY less gear! I been spinner/ lure fishing a lot more too! I guess I'm just having more fun improving on the techniques that I was not as good at. Still nice knowing that I always have drift fishing as a fall back! Just best to get good at everything! Ha ha