Got a nice hen

A
Anyfishisfine
Up on the Sandy. It's headed to the smoker.

B
beaverfan
Woohoo way to go!

A
Anyfishisfine
I'm going to make my first attempt at curing some eggs up.

T
Troutier Bassier
Very Niiiice:)
No fish story too go along with it?

F
fishwithdynamite
Wow nice chrome!:cool:

E
eggs
Congrats again you guys have any luck after I left? I thought that looked like a hen! Good luck curing those eggs, it will be a good feeling catching a fish on your own eggs kinda like catching this one on your own jig!

B
bigsteel
nice fish,,,,you can send me all eggs and ill test them for ya:lol::lol:

A
Anyfishisfine
Troutier Bassier said:
Very Niiiice:)
No fish story too go along with it?

Caught it on a jig I made.

A
Anyfishisfine
eggs said:
Congrats again you guys have any luck after I left? I thought that looked like a hen! Good luck curing those eggs, it will be a good feeling catching a fish on your own eggs kinda like catching this one on your own jig!

We kept at it for another hour or so, but nothing. I'm not complaining though.

B
boberdown
very nice! great catch...smoke it up!!!!

M
mgdguy
AnyFish is so modest :lol: It's his first Winter Steel, and it put up a heck of a fight for a hatch! :dance: AND, it was the only fish caught out of the hole all morning - and we were the last to leave. So nice job buddy! :clap: :clap:

M
mgdguy
I think that pic should be your new avatar - better fish pic, and you've got the HAT :D

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice fish man! Double prizes as well. Good luck home cure is he best cure!

S
schroegp
awesome! Got skunked AGAIN on my drift from oxbow to dabney yesterday. In the middle of a very very dry spell.....

A
Anyfishisfine
mgdguy said:
AnyFish is so modest :lol: It's his first Winter Steel, and it put up a heck of a fight for a hatch! :dance: AND, it was the only fish caught out of the hole all morning - and we were the last to leave. So nice job buddy! :clap: :clap:

Not so modest as running around like a madman.

I found the smoker I wanted on sale at the Bi-Mart by your house, but they were out. Had them put one on hold in Tigard, and went there to get it. Then it was a quest for propane, which was more elusive than I thought. Got back, gutted the fish and put the smoker together.

Then it was off to get stuff for brine, but there was a lady right in the baking section where I needed to be that messed her pants, and I had to endure the most godawful stench that had my eyes were watering. It's tough to shop for food with a stench like that, but I managed to not get sick.

Now I need to run a pan of chips through the smoker empty to break it in and make my brine.

A
Anyfishisfine
mgdguy said:
I think that pic should be your new avatar - better fish pic, and you've got the HAT :D

LOL, the hat.

L
livin2fish
nice job man congrats too bad for the lady with the messed pants but it souds like the mission was a success.Myself my wife and fishhunter are going to hit the slaw tomorrow. Hopefuly we'll get some more steel for the freezer or at least get something on the line. So far my wife has me skunked for the year but it works out great for me, I love to see the ladys out there hangin' with the guys.If you need any advice with cures or brine let me know I'd be happy to help.:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

FISHON

G
GDBrown
Stop with the eggs!!!!

Stop with the eggs!!!!

Anyfishisfine said:
Caught it on a jig I made.

Keep using the jigs....... I'll take the eggs! I have caught all of my 3 steelhead on eggs.

Great looking fish. Next time we want VIDEO of the mad man fish fight!

GD

M
mgdguy
GDBrown said:
Next time we want VIDEO of the mad man fish fight!

Video! :doh: The camera takes decent video, but in the excitement I just plain forgot to shoot it. Next time for sure!

S
sandyboy
Thats a nice hen.Good job!