GoPro drop at Odell lake, Trapper creek

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
excellent...

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
Very cool! It's Amazing how clear that water is. Looking forward to the season opener :)

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
GoBlueFan said:
Very cool! It's Amazing how clear that water is. Looking forward to the season opener :)

FYI- Odell opens on January 1, 2016! brrrrrrrrrrrrr....:D

(Reg. change- Odell is open all year starting next 2016)...

Last edited:
S
Stonefish
Nice video.
Does that creek have natural production?
Thanks,
SF

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Stonefish said:
Nice video.
Does that creek have natural production?
Thanks,
SF

not sure I understand your question...roger

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
No water quality issues over there!

P
pinstriper
rogerdodger said:
FYI- Odell opens on January 1, 2016! brrrrrrrrrrrrr....:D

(Reg. change- Odell is open all year starting next 2016)...

Hmmm. Hagg Lake just went open all year, and they declared it open Nov 23 (?) so we don't have to wait until 1 January.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
pinstriper said:
Hmmm. Hagg Lake just went open all year, and they declared it open Nov 23 (?) so we don't have to wait until 1 January.

yeah, that was a special deal for Hagg...given that Odell is at almost 5000 feet, think ice and snow until about next April..and then mosquitoes, lots and lots of them...

today near Odell...

Last edited:
S
Stonefish
rogerdodger said:
not sure I understand your question...roger

Roger,
Probably should have explained better.
In some creeks, fish spawn but don't produce fry. I see it all the time in hatchery creeks.
I was trying to ask if the Kokanee are reproducing fry naturally or does Odell get sublimented with hatchery fry?
SF

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Stonefish said:
Roger,
Probably should have explained better.
In some creeks, fish spawn but don't produce fry. I see it all the time in hatchery creeks.
I was trying to ask if the Kokanee are reproducing fry naturally or does Odell get sublimented with hatchery fry?
SF

that helps, Odell gets no hatchery fish, the robust kokanee population is totally self sustaining, has been for many years based on my info. cheers, roger

S
Stonefish
Thanks for the info.
SF

Markk
Markk
Cool video!

F
Fish
What GoPro is that? Great vid!

C_Run
C_Run
Nice. What month is that?

T
The Lucky Duck
The video was in October, we were late this year and only saw a few. Gopro hero 4. Odell was planted 1 time in the 40s, old timers tell me. Self sustaining since. Looking forward to the opportunity to fish in winter and early spring. With the last 2 years of ( indian summers) the jig bite has been a short one, last year only 5 good days. FYI the bag limit has generally considered to be 25 per day, this is incorrect it is actually 30 because kokanee can be included your trout limit. Should be a fun year.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I am reading this differently but it is ODFW that decides how it will be enforced.

bullet 7, page 46 reads "Kokanee included in trout limits unless noted under Exceptions", the key word being 'unless'. then the exception is "25 kokanee per day in addition to daily trout limit". this would seem to be the reason for the word "unless" and bullet 7 is void where the 25 fish kokanee limit exists.

Otherwise, if the total really is 30 per day, bullet 7 should read like this "Kokanee included in trout limits. See Exceptions for locations that allow extra kokanee retention".

Chromatose
Chromatose
Oregon Regs are getting to a point where a person needs a Degree in Ciphering................................

T
The Lucky Duck
rogerdodger said:
I am reading this differently but it is ODFW that decides how it will be enforced.

bullet 7, page 46 reads "Kokanee included in trout limits unless noted under Exceptions", the key word being 'unless'. then the exception is "25 kokanee per day in addition to daily trout limit". this would seem to be the reason for the word "unless" and bullet 7 is void where the 25 fish kokanee limit exists.

Otherwise, if the total really is 30 per day, bullet 7 should read like this "Kokanee included in trout limits. See Exceptions for locations that allow extra kokanee retention".

I had the same thought about interpretation. So I called the LEO assigned to that area and confirmed.:thumb:

Fish-On Fred
Fish-On Fred
Always enjoy what the spawners are doing. Hopefully, get an early start this year due to the regs. See ya up there.