Goose hunting permit

F
fishtales
Anyone want to help me get my permit this year? What are the important points I need to remember? I have not tried takign the test this year, but I had a hell of a time with it last year and did not pass the test.

F
fishtales
Also, if you have any tips on how to study, that would be great.

F
fishtales
Does anyone have a "Pacific Northwest Goose Management" video they want to gte rid of? I will pay.

D
dangerranger
There is a study guide on ODFW website. And you can take the test online. Biggest points to remember is goose id. The whole point of the test and permit is so you can tell the difference between the different species of canada goose.... espically duskys, you shoot one and your done for the year. Biggest thing to look for is color and size of the birds and the difference in how the different species sound. Hit the study guide hard on ODFW and really spend some time looking at it and you'll nail the test. Good Luck!

F
fishtales
dangerranger said:
There is a study guide on ODFW website. And you can take the test online. Biggest points to remember is goose id. The whole point of the test and permit is so you can tell the difference between the different species of canada goose.... espically duskys, you shoot one and your done for the year. Biggest thing to look for is color and size of the birds and the difference in how the different species sound. Hit the study guide hard on ODFW and really spend some time looking at it and you'll nail the test. Good Luck!

Been reading the ODFW website the last 2 week and watched the vids over and over. I also talked to an experienced goose hunter over the weekend. I decided to take the test tonight and breezed through it, thanks. I'm hoping to hook up with some experienced goose hunters on here to give it a shot. I started another thread to see if anyone wanted to go out in the next few weeks. Thanks again