Goose card

F
fishtales
I recently got my goose card thanks to my wife helping me study. I would love to get out with some of you experienced hunters in a few weeks. feel free to shoot me a PM, thanks :peace:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
The only thing I know about goose hunting is what I was told by an experienced hunter. He said you don't shoot unless you can see their feet. He had a freezer full, so he must have been onto something. Good luck out there and be safe.

F
fishtales
Raincatcher said:
The only thing I know about goose hunting is what I was told by an experienced hunter. He said you don't shoot unless you can see their feet. He had a freezer full, so he must have been onto something. Good luck out there and be safe.

I guess it takes 3 days to get the card after passing the test. Thanks for the tip.

F
fishtales
Raincatcher said:
He said you don't shoot unless you can see their feet. He had a freezer full, so he must have been onto something.
Maybe once the feet are visiblt then the goose is committed to landing. Not sure but if he has a feezer full then he is a better hunter than me.
:worthy:

Does anyone know a public area in Yamhill County I can goose hunt?

J
joem
fishtales said:
Maybe once the feet are visiblt then the goose is committed to landing. Not sure but if he has a feezer full then he is a better hunter than me.
:worthy:

Does anyone know a public area in Yamhill County I can goose hunt?

geese are tough, or the feathers are and you want them close so you have power in the shot. and when they are landing they are commited and they can't turn out of it as fast. geese taste nasty though. i shot at a bunch of birds flying over and the bbs bounced off them i could here them hitting, they were pretty low also

F
fishtales
joem said:
geese are tough, or the feathers are and you want them close so you have power in the shot. and when they are landing they are commited and they can't turn out of it as fast. geese taste nasty though. i shot at a bunch of birds flying over and the bbs bounced off them i could here them hitting, they were pretty low also

What is a good shot for geese 3 inch, 3 1/2inch or??? I imagine the bigger they are the tougher the feathers. Does it taste like duck?