Goodbye

S
skunk
Guess its time to say goodbye to those winter ghosts that I've come to love. Not sure why they hold such magic, maybe in the next 10,20,30 yrs of fishing for them I'll find out what it is exactly that I'm doing standing knee deep in fridgid water. But this year being my first was worth it. Learned a bit, not near enough, left me wanting more, but now I guess the summers are on the way and I'll give them a pinch so they know I'm there. Already find myself looking forward to an early November!!! :D Thanks to all who helped me get some fish this yr, especially metalfisher76 for sharing his knowledge and eastcoastborn for keeping me out there.

J
JeannaJigs
I too already miss those grey ghosts. Something about the winter that holds a special place.

S
SantiamDrifter
Winter steelhead are nice, but the summer runs are the best. Better weather, better fight's and better eating. Trust me, your just getting started.

M
Mad dog
SantiamDrifter said:
Winter steelhead are nice, but the summer runs are the best. Better weather, better fight's and better eating. Trust me, your just getting started.

Ya, Buddy!!! :clap:

M
metalfisher76
skunk said:
Guess its time to say goodbye to those winter ghosts that I've come to love. Not sure why they hold such magic, maybe in the next 10,20,30 yrs of fishing for them I'll find out what it is exactly that I'm doing standing knee deep in fridgid water. But this year being my first was worth it. Learned a bit, not near enough, left me wanting more, but now I guess the summers are on the way and I'll give them a pinch so they know I'm there. Already find myself looking forward to an early November!!! :D Thanks to all who helped me get some fish this yr, especially metalfisher76 for sharing his knowledge and eastcoastborn for keeping me out there.

You got it mayne!:)
SD is right. Those ghosts are around in summer form now!! Smaller, lighter(lines) presentations will be in order come late June but yer gonna do fine.

M
markasd
Adios to 'em! Warm weather (it'll happen), gin clear water, heaps of summers - BRING IT!

troutdude
troutdude
Yep, yep. NO frigid waters when chasin' summer steel. In fact, you'll be in a t-shirt and maybe even cutOFF's! I rarely wear waders for the summers. I just slip on into the H20 w/ my sneakers on (the fish can't hear my Converse...LOL). Have fun!