good sunday

F
Fisherman.Z.
i had a good day at green peter today, me and a couple of buddies went out and casted power bait out and waited for a while. i got at least 10 hits... but i only actually caught one fish...:D.....im a bit rusty in my hook setting so far this year... AND that was my first fish of the new year. it was a nice 12 or 13 inch rainbow.

F
Fishtopher
Hey, one's better than none's...:clap:

N
ninja2010
good job! keep it up, and before too long, the hooksetting skills will come rushing back...

B
Bassman-503
Nice. Where is that place

F
Fisherman.Z.
Bassman-503 said:
Nice. Where is that place

its around sweet home and lebonan.
follow the south fork of the santiam, and eventually you hit
foster lake, and green peter runs into foster via a river. im hazy
on the name...:lol:

rtito
rtito
new here how deep do the kokanee run this time of year in g/p

rtito
rtito
also does jigging work up at g/p i have only trolled ,being new to kokanee fishing

A
ArcticAmoeba
The Kokes will almost always run in the Thermocline. So if you have a boat with a finder... More power to you. Once you are within that temperature zone, it is a game to find what they will like in that particular hour. But generally speaking those little Kokanee will most likely be up higher within the cloumn, purely because the water is cooler at the surface than in the Summer, so I say look on the shallow side first. Although I have caught many many Kokes at GP when I did not mark any fish anywhere, and my gear was sunk looking for "lunker" trout. So like everything. Try all you have until you find your honey lure for the day.

rtito
rtito
really had never seen a kokanee till june of last year or fished for them till then. loved them smoked,and grilled on the barbie, would like to learn more

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
I know it. I'm just joking around. I tried Green Peter a few times in my toon and man it is WINDY up there.

rtito
rtito
well today stinks loss of job equals boat for sale. any employed fisher looking for a boat set up for koke fishing. downriggers planers trolling motor you name it its gotta go

rtito
rtito
i guess all are at work. i think iam talking to my self.. might just go try green petwer, any body been up there lately.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Stick around

Stick around

rtito said:
well today stinks loss of job equals boat for sale. any employed fisher looking for a boat set up for koke fishing. downriggers planers trolling motor you name it its gotta go

rtito;
Sorry to hear about loosing your job. That is a total bummer. Don't give up! Keep talking to everyone you meet (complaining is a no-no) and you just may end up with a better one than the one you lost.
Post a couple more times,then put your ad in our classified section. We have a 10 post minimum before a member can post items for sale. Be safe.
Barb