Good Sturgeon Holes ???

M
MJBSN2
Hey Anyone know of any good fishing holes besides meldrum bar clakamette park area. That place gets a little crowded on weekends.

F
fyshslayer
fyshaholic

fyshaholic

MJBSN2 said:
Hey Anyone know of any good fishing holes besides meldrum bar clakamette park area. That place gets a little crowded on weekends.
I assume that you are bank fishing I fish the Willy from my boat but I've seen bankies at the Power line hole just about a mile north of the St Johns bridge on the East side of the river. Kelly point is another area to try. another popular spot is up near Willamette Falls on the E side....Good Luck

Reactions: Bronzebird
F
Fishtopher
Well, you sure are talented mister. Although not in my resume, I wont descriminate if it is in yours....

F
Fishtopher
Edit:Remark to x-rated post removed.

Last edited:
F
Fishtopher
Edit:Sarcastic remark to x-rated post removed.

Last edited:
B
Bronzebird
fyshslayer said:
I assume that you are bank fishing I fish the Willy from my boat but I've seen bankies at the Power line hole just about a mile north of the St Johns bridge on the East side of the river. Kelly point is another area to try. another popular spot is up near Willamette Falls on the E side....Good Luck

Newbie to the group and headed out for first ever Sturgeon bite.

Props for the help, my next stop is to buy some bait and talk to the shoppe Keepers.

R
RIVERFISHER
i went to i believe st.johns or something like that.....almost were the willy and columbia meet and got my very first sturg today...... it was awsome and only about 12 inches lol.... four of us in friends boat and i caught 1 friend caught 2 that were about 17 18 inches and then the owner of the boat out for his first time also caught a 46 incher.....i was just glad i caught my first sturg and even tho i was jealous of his first he said that mine was much cuter:) will poist pics soon.......

B
Bronzebird
RIVERFISHER said:
i went to i believe st.johns or something like that.....almost were the willy and columbia meet and got my very first sturg today...... it was awsome and only about 12 inches lol.... four of us in friends boat and i caught 1 friend caught 2 that were about 17 18 inches and then the owner of the boat out for his first time also caught a 46 incher.....i was just glad i caught my first sturg and even tho i was jealous of his first he said that mine was much cuter:) will poist pics soon.......

Congratulations on your succesful outing. Mine was lack luster and productive. No fish caught but I managed to find some bank access and then some regulars showed up and I was pleased to hear some success stories. These guys fish the place weekly and I will return soon with some different bait.
My set up got the nod from the regulars and they were checking my bait arsenal and I guess I fit in and was treated with friendly respect.

F
Fishtopher
Sorry for the tainted thread...

Sorry for the tainted thread...

Ok this is weird...I feel goofy now...I guess I better publicly explain my posts above. Only Chuck has seen the pure horror, purest form of horror, that was posted in the late evening of January the Ninth time and time again...whatever you do, dont close your eyes Troutski...

Just some random, rabid, freakish, lunatic of a nutcase posted some pretty hard core pictures. This is taking me back to a place I dont want to be...
I dont know what happened...maybe I egged him on...maybe I pushed him over the edge with my comments...but I think this son of gun launched himself over the edge like a human cannon ball a loooong time ago. Thank Troutski for removing the pics from the Bad Man!

Phew...I needed to get that out...

Now, RIVERFISHER, way to go on the first sturg! Must been exciting when yer pal hooked up with a biggun! That is some pretty fishy water right in there for cats, sturg and bass! I actually made the mistake of fishing under the st. johns bridge there at Cathedral Park at night when the city was repairing it...ended up with stuff in my eye at first, then caught something outta the corner of my GOOD eye, and a HUGE splash about 15 ft out from the dock there. Time to go...
can't wait fer them pics!!

T
Troutier Bassier
Its been 5 Months and Still No Pics?