Good spots

K

KennyPowers

HI, I'm just getting back into fishing and was wondering which of the many cascade lakes i should fish in. are they all good for fishing?, or are some of them better than others? Please reply

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Kenny;
Unfortunately,I don't get to fish those beautiful lakes the way I used to, so I am not the best source of information. But, there is a wealth of information,including locations,techniques,bait suggestions and just about everything you will need to know in our archives. Pick a lake or area and someone here has posted information for everyone to benefit from. You can also check one of my favorite websites for all sorts of info:
Boat Escape - Ultimate Oregon Boating, Camping & Fishing Resource |

S

steelhead_slayer

if you want easy fishing i recommend devils lake

Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
Are you boating, floating or banking? Most of the places it is best to float or boat. Some of the lakes have rentals so that might be an option. Know your fishing method would help narrow things down a bit too. Is bait, spinners, or fly. Some of the spots are fly only and some are open to all methods. Lets us know maybe we can fine tune a good answers for you. Tight lines.

K

kbmas

I've fished Devil's lake like 50 times, and it's very small, only about 15 feet at it's deepest, crystal clear, and very easy to catch fish on. Clear bobber and dry fly (mosquito, adams, etc.) works well, along with literally anything else. It's best fished from a small raft or canoe, but you can walk the entire shore line presuming the snow was melted.. which it hasn't haha probably. Lava lake can be really good for large rainbows, but I don't know it's shape either given i'm in astoria. Hosmer lake has atlantic salmon in it and is absolutely beautiful, but it is restricted to legit fly gear only, and moterless boats.

K

KennyPowers

thanks for the response, im going to try and get down there then

K

KennyPowers

id be fishing from the shore , probably using worms or power bait.. any suggestions?

Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
id be fishing from the shore , probably using worms or power bait.. any suggestions?
North Twin lake right by Wickiup Reservior. Worms power bait and or eggs from the shore. Also another vote for Devils lake.

Last edited:
K

KennyPowers

thanks for the response, by any chance do you know when the road opens up past mt. bachelor ?

Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
thanks for the response, by any chance do you know when the road opens up past mt. bachelor ?

Not really that is totally weather dependant. I know the Cascades got another big dump of snow.

K

KennyPowers

nice. i want to get out there soon then, i hope they have some big ones.

P

Pete Heley

about Boat Escape

about Boat Escape

Boat Escape is a great online resource, but unknowledgeable anglers will not realize that there are numerous omissions and mistakes when it comes to the fish species listed for each water. Unfortunately, that seems to be the standard situation regarding most fishing information.

R

R&M Boatsaleslady

What

What

if you want easy fishing i recommend devils lake

What Devils lake in Lincoln City??? EWWW no no no LOL ") you guys just don't know what goes in there!!! Go to olalla just outside of Toledo there are great stellies & trout But at the coast you don't have the fish that are up here.

K

KennyPowers

What Devils lake in Lincoln City??? EWWW no no no LOL ") you guys just don't know what goes in there!!! Go to olalla just outside of Toledo there are great stellies & trout But at the coast you don't have the fish that are up here.

No i think he was talking about Devils lake in central Oregon, which isn't any thing like the Devils lake you're talking about lol:D... But that olalla lake you are talking about sounds like it would be a great place to fish, i will definetly would try it out if im in the area.

R

R&M Boatsaleslady

Whewwwwww

Whewwwwww

No i think he was talking about Devils lake in central Oregon, which isn't any thing like the Devils lake you're talking about lol:D... But that olalla lake you are talking about sounds like it would be a great place to fish, i will definetly would try it out if im in the area.

LOL Oh thank god I has a visual of one of ya eating something out of that lake NASTY!!! ") LOL I had to say something and save ya all! :lol::D:lol: Man I am beat up from this trip me and the dogs took went to the clack sat night, to sunday, took off for Roster rock yesterday then last night ended up at Sandy river and all day today, MY BUTT IS BURNED!!!(didn't help that it was a private area too, so more exposure then normal!) Ouch.... So came home to clean up, go out again in the morn, maybe to the willy anything happening in O/C still????