Good spots to bank fish

M
mthoodrider
So, years ago my buddy use to take me fishing along channels of the columbia and willamette. It was great, you could gear up for many diffenrent types of fish and we always cought some.
My buddy is long gonne and I can't remenber where some of these spots were.
I've taking my 4 year old son fishing for trout in lakes 6 times this year. We got skunked every time, not braging but unusual for us, specially my son, i can't count how many times he has outfished me with his lucky pole. I want to take him bank fishing in any good spot around the Portland area, with a good variaty of fish. I have to stay close to home, we have a newborn, she's 7 days old. Don't know how I did, but me and my son have managed to get away and fish 3 times since his new little sister was born. Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions, it would be great.
Thanks

H
Hawk
I've read some posts from folks who have driven along the Columbia River & found some good Smallmouth Bass holes in slough's & ponds along the river. Seemed they mostly used purple or chartreuse Senko's (plastic worms). I would also try Rapala or Rebel lures too. Fish the bait/lure reel slow in colder weather.

Best of Luck to you brothers...

:D:D:D

:cool::cool::cool:

C
cchinook
bank fishing for kids

bank fishing for kids

when mine where small I took them to the Gilbert River boat ramp on Sauvie Island , there is a path to the left of the ramp that leads to areas you can fish at the mouth - put a vest on them ! - the current can be strong - carp , catfish , perch , sturgeon , bass , all kinds of surprises there

M
mthoodrider
Cool, probably try to hit some spots on Friday.
Thanks

M
Michael
mthoodrider said:
Cool, probably try to hit some spots on Friday.
Thanks

How did it go?