Good spots for Catfish near Portland/Vancouver ???

S
SDfisher
Looking for some good spots to get some catfish near the Portland/vancouver area. I miss hauling in those guys and frying them up..........................
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
V
Vandal_57
Vancouver lake is always a good spot for catchin' nice cats. West of downtown......use chk. liver.

Last edited:
V
Vandal_57

Last edited:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Cookin' class....

Cookin' class....

SDfisher said:
Looking for some good spots to get some catfish near the Portland/vancouver area. I miss hauling in those guys and frying them up..........................
thanks

SDfisher;
Welcome to OFF! Glad to see some diversity. You wouldn't want to share technique and recipes would you? That would be great. I have never tasted catfish,fresh or restaurant. :confused: Maybe a good recipe will change my mind and my upturned nose...;) Thanks. Be safe.
Barb

W
Webwader
I have never tasted catfish,fresh or restaurant. Maybe a good recipe will change my mind and my upturned nose...
Raincatcher, one of the more memorable fish dinners I've ever had was at a restaurant in Ashland. Blackened catfish with jalapeño sauce. It was truly awesome.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Hmmmm

Hmmmm

Webwader said:
Raincatcher, one of the more memorable fish dinners I've ever had was at a restaurant in Ashland. Blackened catfish with jalapeño sauce. It was truly awesome.

Hmmm sounds interestingly tempting. Still not quite there...;)
Barb

B
buddah426
Raincatcher said:
SDfisher;
Welcome to OFF! Glad to see some diversity. You wouldn't want to share technique and recipes would you? That would be great. I have never tasted catfish,fresh or restaurant. :confused: Maybe a good recipe will change my mind and my upturned nose...;) Thanks. Be safe.
Barb

blackened catfish usually consists of a dry rub containing chili powder, black pepper garlic salt and paprika (thats my mix but there are varying combinations) but i dont know how much i just kinda throw it together. anyways take that mix and rub generously on both sides of the filet. let sit in fridge for at least 15-20 min. now very important!!! no oil in the pan, you dont want to fry you want the spice rub to blacken... i like cast iron but a non-stick pan will do fine. get it hot and cook filet about 5 min. on each side, remember you're looking for a blackening effect here.

next slop that sucker down next to some dirty rice (red beans and rice) and dig in but remember to make enough for seconds ;)
:cool::D:lol::lol::lol::D:lol::lol::lol::D:lol::lol::lol::lol::cool: