Good spot to fish

W

willson

Banned User
I have been on the Tucca 3 times now. 2nd time landing some nice chromers. My question is. Is it better to fish from the farmers bank or the boat ramp? logic says the boat ramp... the fish coming up stream that are going into 3 rivers are not gonna be able to be caught if you are on the farmers bank. if you fish the boat ramp area you have access to ALL the fish coming up river.

either way. that is the only spot i know about other than right past the hatchery and that place is always full. Can anyone share another spot or two with me? :pray:

W

willson

Banned User
oh ya. also....

If the river is really high or blow out from all the rainwater is it still possible to catch fish? My friend says there is almost no point to going next week because of all the rain we are getting.

troutdude

troutdude

Switch tactics, and you'll still find fish. For example, they will tend to hug the shorelines. They're looking for slower water, to conserve energy. So, fishing more than 20 yards or so from the bank won't be productive. But, closer in will be. Lot's of scent on your OFFerings, will also help them find your hook.

W

willson

Banned User
Thanks for the tip. couple questions.

1.) because im lazy i dont like to re-rig my pole every 10 minutes and try new colors. is there a rule or guideline you use to determine what color jigs/corkies to use?

2.) i noticed there are a lot of different type/style scents. Any thing that is a general winner?

troutdude

troutdude

I'll have to defer, to those peeps w/ more experience.

But, I believe that plunking w/ eggs or shrimp is a good way to go (some folks add a Spin n Glo). Others add yarn to their OFFerings.

In terms of scent, some peeps like egg, others shrimp and still others Anise.

It's been some 30 years since I have plunked, and my memory ain't what it used to be. :doh:

Last edited:
brandon4455

brandon4455

thats a lot of great info jay! and doing the same thing but drift fishing can produce as well. just fish right off the edge of the current in the calm water theres a video on youtube for drift fishing in flood water. i would most definitely use purple yarn and a black corkie and some shrimp scent in the yarn.. not so big on bait. if i find he video il add a link rreal fast

S

slimyguts

TONS of spots on the nestucca. Just follow the road and you can follow it all the way to the damn where it starts. can't fish up that far but when the steel spread through the system, there are TONS of locations to fish. Give me a hollar next time you go and I will follow or carpool. Check out this site for ACCURATE info on the water level.

Salmon, steelhead fishing with Oregon's Nestucca River Outfitters, The Original Nestucca Valley Sporting Goods. Providing Oregon fishing licenses, rod and reel repair, bait and tackle with guided fishing trips on drift boats, jet boats with our fishi

Top Bottom