Good day on the pontoon

Hooked Up

Best day I’ve had in awhile.
I was wondering what was taking you so long to get down river! Nice job!
My friend lost a coho. Put fresh eggs on, casted into the seam, handed the rod OFF, bobber down, silver flash and no more fish Hooked Up. ?
I lost one on a spinner, headshake and OFF.

my2labs

Most Featured
It was certainly a long day the water. I didn’t get to the take out until just before 6. But the work paid off. There is something to be said for these little pontoons. Really easy to fish out of. You may see that more than my boat this year....

Good to see you Hans.

I didn’t post it but I also caught a little steelhead smolt (probably 9”) in that first seam I stopped at. I didn’t even realize it but with that addition, I think this was the first time I’ve ever landed coho, chinook and steel in the same day. Steel was on a spinner...

taking wife out in a few to see if she can get into one.

Hooked Up

I've never caught all 3 of those in a day. I've also never fished that seam before. Looks like a good low water spot, can you get anchored up there in higher flows?

Hope your wife gets a fish.
Alway good to see you Devan. I'm hoping to go next Sunday.

my2labs

Most Featured
I’ve never gotten out and fished that seam like that either. But during these lower flows, it looks like it is actually pretty decent holding water. I’m not sure I’d anchor there during the winter... it’s right at the top of that riffle and usually pretty swift I think. But I always try to talk my fisher into side drifting it before we hit the next chute. (Never has produced for me that way.).

Just got back from banking it. 0-2. fought a chinook for a quick minute... lost the other in a about 2 seconds.

Im off work tomorrow and am debating about pontooning again......

rain comes next week and I’d like to float the low water once more before it raises up again.

bass

Most Featured
One of my good friends in grad school used to say "There is only one thing better than fishing - unless they're biting really good" You definitely had one of those days that will be in your memories forever.

for ads free experience.

Top Bottom