Lakes Munsel Lake Fishing Reports

LazyBrewer
LazyBrewer
My wife and I had a good day out on Munsel Lake yesterday. We started out trolling some lures, but only tagged a small rainbow after a couple hours. I decided to fall back on pulling nightcrawlers behind some flashers, and then it was on! We managed three 17"+ rainbows, and a couple smaller victims. The weather was beautiful, and we shared the lake with about five other boats. Everyone trolling right on top seemed to be doing pretty well. The new boat was christened with trout blood.

IMG_4298.JPG
IMG_4296.jpg
IMG_4292.jpg

Reactions: troutdude and Admin
G
Gulfstream
NICE! That is a beautiful lake

Reactions: LazyBrewer
troutdude
troutdude
Well done! Thanks for sharing.

BTW those big boys look like 1-year holdovers (from last year's stocking).

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
troutdude said:
Well done! Thanks for sharing.

BTW those big boys look like 1-year holdovers (from last year's stocking).
I think those are fresh 'trophy' planters, lake is basically cleaned out of trout by late summer... Munsel gets a high number of 'trophy' planters each Feb to May.

Reactions: troutdude and LazyBrewer
Admin
Admin
I think those are trophies in any case. )

Reactions: troutdude, LazyBrewer and rogerdodger
B
Big Nigiri
Do they clip stockers? They look wild.

C_Run
C_Run
Big Nigiri said:
The rounded off fins make them look like they are from a hatchery to me. I wonder if they bother clipping rainbow trout. I have no idea.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Big Nigiri said:
No, coastal planters (NW & SW zones) are not clipped.

LazyBrewer
LazyBrewer
Two of the bigguns had someone else’s terminal tackle in them - snap swivels and hooks, so somebody had a shot at them before I got them.

bass
bass
Great job!

B
Big Nigiri
rogerdodger said:
No, coastal planters (NW & SW zones) are not clipped.

Thanks Roger! I wasn’t sure if they clipped everything or not. I guess I haven’t caught as many native fish as I though. ?

• Haha
Reactions: troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
LazyBrewer said:
Two of the bigguns had someone else’s terminal tackle in them - snap swivels and hooks, so somebody had a shot at them before I got them.

Bet that those peeps use heavier leader and/or tighter knots, in the future! LOL

• Haha
Top Bottom