Good day of fishin' at the Canal

R
RexSe7en
For those of you looking for an update or like me and just wanting to read a fishing story.

Had good luck today fishing the canal. This was my first time actually getting out and exploring the canal a bit more. For some reason, the few times I fished there before, I was trying my luck towards the bottom of the canal. Had MUCH better luck up higher towards I-5. Didn't try the pond, but didn't really need to, I was having plenty of fun! :cool: But anyways caught 4 that were 14" plus and were nice and fat!!! Caught prob another 10 that were 11" plus. (I always catch and release, makes for longer days on the water!) So all and all a happy day of fishin'!

W
waco
thanks for the report!!!! i wish the AB canal would be a little closer to Portland!!!

T
TTFishon
Thanks for the report. I hope there's fish left....I'm thinking about taking my nephew there next weekend.

G
grampa ron
I fishing has been good there. I caught a 6# Steelhead 3 weeks ago on Friday and then I caught another one the following Friday.

• steely101510.jpg
N
natro
grampa ron said:
I fishing has been good there. I caught a 6# Steelhead 3 weeks ago on Friday and then I caught another one the following Friday.

Nice fish! I bet that was quite a surprise huh!

G
grampa ron
Yes, specially with my fly rod.

Y
yabyum
18 inch beauty

18 inch beauty

caught a wonderful fish Saturday morning......18 inches. It was a tremendous fight.....damn near pulled my pole outta my hand....pulling drag......it was nice.

Reactions: OnTheFly
R
rippin fish lips
caught a nice 19 incher and about 10 more 14 inch plus. kept the big one wish i had let it go tho. i will now alwyas let everything that i catch in ab go. unless its a nice keeper steelhead. I usually only do catch and release for trout. saw a few steelies rollin around to. this was around 11-3 - 11-7. grandpa ron i saw u out there casting some flys then lures to. even heard u say u think u hooked a steely but it popped off, saw it all. hope to see u out there again!

M
michigan_transplant
rippin fish lips said:
caught a nice 19 incher and about 10 more 14 inch plus. kept the big one wish i had let it go tho. i will now alwyas let everything that i catch in ab go. unless its a nice keeper steelhead. I usually only do catch and release for trout. saw a few steelies rollin around to. this was around 11-3 - 11-7. grandpa ron i saw u out there casting some flys then lures to. even heard u say u think u hooked a steely but it popped off, saw it all. hope to see u out there again!

did the fish not cut well??

R
rippin fish lips
i pan fried it up, it just didn't taste well at all. prolly woulda been good in the smoker but ill now let go any fish i catch in there.