Good day bank fishing on Chinook Landing

C
CrawfishPDX
I went out with my sister and my little newphew.

We caught 3 Flounder, 1 Small mouth Bass, 6 Peamouth, 1 blue gill, and 2 Pike Minnow.

Lots of action nobody else around me was catching anything it was really odd. We let the small mouth go because it was only like 8 inches. and we let the flounder go. Everything else I kept to use in my crawfish traps.

:D

R
rippin fish lips
cool cool. and welcome to OFF.

I
Ifishforfood
right on! i just fished at chinook landing and caught some bass and flounder a few days ago. where exactly did you fish at? im doing the pikeminnow bounty program at C.L. , so any tips are good!

I
Ifishforfood
right on dude. i was just at the landing a few days ago, and caught some bass and flounder. where exactly did you fish at to catch the pikeminnows, and how big were they? im doing the pikeminnow reward program down there, so any tips are great!

C
CrawfishPDX
I only caught 2 so i dont think i would be the best to give you advice on fishing for pike minnow. It was luck im sure I didn't aim for them.

I
Ifishforfood
cool

R
Rascal
i heard worms work well and are really they still doing the pikeminnow bounty program?

T
Troutier Bassier
Yeah dude me and my buddys used to go out there everyday last summer and catch a bunch of those flounder things. I guess im getting old now. If you fish off the point by the boat launch you can catch a bunch of Perch and there are carp in the little cove there. Fish behined the wing dam with Kastmasters or Bluefoxes and catch smallmouth. Fish for pikeminnows and peamouth in between the wing dam and the boat launch. There is alos sturgeon off the point there but you gotta cast REALLY far out because there is a 50' hole right there.

C
CrawfishPDX
Where is the wingdam? I know what your talking about I saw two sturgeon get pulled in and released yesterday evening they were using heavy weight they said that there is a cliff they toss out too thats a 50 foot drop just like you said. I used worms and caught a lot of perch off them. Do you think any fish will hit off my imitation salmon eggs i bought? I have red ones and some larger ones that are yellow called cheesy salmon eggs.

T
Troutier Bassier
Ok. Where the 2 sturgeon got pulled in go there and look to the right. You will see a bunch of little wooden pegs sticking out of the water. That is called a wingdam and it is used to make a channel.
The salmon eggs are sure to catch a peamouth or 2.

C
CrawfishPDX
I heard it was really shallow near the "wingdam" I was fishing inbetween the wingdam and the boat launch and thats where I was catching all my perch off worms. Peamouths i heart look identical to the pyke minnow. Do you have any suggestions for the bass? What about Dik Nite spinners?

T
Troutier Bassier
it is very shallow near the wingdam, cast 10 feet below it and let your lure drift down.

What else you can do is go to walmart and buy super flukes in white and put them on a jig head. Go to the boat launch area and wher it goes out cast in the rocks. The shad minnows go there to take a break from the current and bass eat them in there.

C
CrawfishPDX
we should meet up there and go fishing some time :p Me and my friend were going to try and hook some stergon maybe u could teach us some bass skills.

T
Troutier Bassier
I'm going to the Junior Olympics in California for Waterpolo so thats all I do these days. Next summer I will go with you.

C
CrawfishPDX
good luck. catch you on the river