Good Day at JC Pond 03/03/10

G
grampa ron
I had a pretty good day despite the rain. I used my fly rod and caught 9 trout released 5. One was 24"

T
The Tightest Line
Nice work We catch those bigguns at Cascade too

T
Thuggin4Life
Way to get out on the water and do some fishing!

T
Throbbit _Shane
way to go. :) thats a nice one u got.

H
Hooked on fishin'
grampa ron said:
I had a pretty good day despite the rain. I used my fly rod and caught 9 trout released 5. One was 24"

Way to go Ron!! I was out there the other day for an hour, but no action. I have been putting a lot of hours in on the house, so no fishin'. I am almost done though, so I will see you at the pond soon!:cool:

Admin
Admin
:clap: What fly did you use?

G
grampa ron
You expect me to give up my secretes? A black wooly bugger with a red tail.

B
bd2cool
Good Deal Ron!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Great to see fresh fish in the sink knowing they're headed for the frying pan/oven. Great day for you,huh? Have they cleaned up the trash that was thrown into the pond during the freeze? Sure wish they would assign someone full time. Anywho,good job!

Admin
Admin
grampa ron said:
You expect me to give up my secretes? A black wooly bugger with a red tail.
:lol: With a strike indicator?

S
steelhead_stalkers
Anatoliy, take that black micro I gave you and go down there. Run a float setup like I showed you and let it sit about a foot off the bottom. You will get into them that way and its good practice for steelhead! ;)

Admin
Admin
steelhead_stalkers said:
Anatoliy, take that black micro I gave you and go down there. Run a float setup like I showed you and let it sit about a foot off the bottom. You will get into them that way and its good practice for steelhead! ;)
In the pond I prefer to hunt for trout with a fly. :D But I'll give your jig a try ;)

S
silkiechicken
Looks great! Maybe I should have a try at it again.

S
steelhead_stalkers
I got a 35 inch summer steelhead in the pond last year on that black hybrid mico. Great fight on an ultra light trout rod. You will be happy with the results. ;)

G
grampa ron
Yes, I almost always use an indicator. I couldn't get them to chase a fly. The water is only 50F.

S
scottishsmokedsalmon
nice fish ron,get them before them pesky birds do,lol

F
fourgotten
Well, seeing as today's Alsea fishing got put off, perhaps I'll have to head out to JC pond to cure my fishin' blue balls. :lol:

B
Bass Ackwards
"Fishin'blue balls" I'm gonna have to start using that one. FUNNY!! NICE FISH BY THE WAY!!!!!!

T
tnffishman
man that's a beauty the pic with the rod makes your rod look tiny, and the one in the sink puts perspective on it. NICE!!!