Good day at big creek

B
buddah426
went to big creek in knappa sunday and had a good time, considering it was combat snagfest down there. myself and 2 buddies actually found 10-12 ft of bank where nobody was really fishin and we started nailing them. i hooked the small buck (12 lbs.) with 40 minutes left until we had to go wacked and tagged him and turned around ang caught the big HEN (28 lbs.) 2 casts later, she yielded 4 lbs of eggs too.

i then set to cleaning and collecting eggs and then told my buddies to get to it. all in all we probably hooked 50 fish between 3 of us for 3 or 4 hours. i personally landed at least 10-15 fish mostly foul hooked :( but some fair too. so it was a fun day i just dont suggest it for those of you like me who dont like sharing elbow room with the guy next to you. it was fun but i think i'll pass on that trip next year.

x2.png28lb.png

A
ArcticAmoeba
Good show man!... Big Creek does get absolutely crazy some days. Lots of snaggers, for sure. Hope you didn't let the poachers get to ya too much. Sounds like you had a really fun day, minus the crowd. What were you tossin in there. I have swung spinners before, and put on a clinic when most people were running bait. I too foul hooked a lot of fish, but at least you had the courtesy to recognize that it is no way for a fish to be taken. You shall recieve some really good fishing karma for being an honest, respectable fisherman...Those fish released, thank you. How was the quality of the meat? As I recall, some were really good, and other were on the soft side, especially hens...All good eating though.

B
buddah426
thanks for the reply AA. i hope good fishin karma is coming my way. besides we saved a ton of money pulling broke off gear out of those we let go so thats a plus. the meat wasn't all that bad since the ones i caught were still sort of bright, the pics were taken when i got home a 2 hour car ride away with the fish on light ice so they darkened up. there were some fish spawned out there with the rotten spots but most were actually good looking. even some chromers...

A
ArcticAmoeba
Hmm, crazy, I don't ever remember seeing real bright fish very often at all running through there when I fished it sort of regularly during the chinook runs. Every year, some one would pull an inbound freshie Chromer that just looked like it could have come from the salt! Most though look like your hen, just starting to bronze up, and some had a little pink on their bellies too.

F
FishFinger
Nice.... The cooler rigor-mortise doesn't change the fact you got yourself some nice fish. :clap: & 4 lbs of eggs :::BONUS:::

T
Troutier Bassier
Thats a Nice fish! Looks like the Hatchery?

T
tnffishman
This is the one near Astoria right? I have been there a long time ago and want to go again this year. But I am not sure on how to get there