Good bank fishing?

D
DYJ
This weekend the better half and I are heading to our property, that is close by the Hwy 58/Hwy97 junction. We'd like to spend the days exploring and maybe even catch some fish. Any recomendation for places to fish off the bank that are good right now.

T
TTFishon
I've never fished here but I've heard that miller lake is a good lake. How far are you willing to drive from your property?

D
DYJ
We have knocked the big browns like crazy at Miller. But we always hiked through the snow with pontoon boats or drove in with my brother inlaw's drift boat. I thouhgt about Miller lake but there is a lot of debris around the bank, which isn't bad to fish if your casting to the edge of it from a boat. But from the bank I was thinkin she'd be loosing a lot of gear, which I know will get old for her quick. I'm willing to drive a lil bit, we're taking our 4 banger Jetta to save on gas... but that is also the reason we're stuck on the bank. I was thinkin Lava Lake, maybe?... or any of the others along the cascade lakes hwy, but again I have only trolled in a few of them never fished em off the bank.

T
TTFishon
If you're willing to drive to Lava then you could try North or South Twin Lakes. I've caught some nice trout there while bankin it.

D
DYJ
Excellant, thats where we're heading then. The other thing that bothered me about miller lake was driving that washboard road for 12 miles in the jetta.... bumpers and fenders may be fallin off by the time we get there. That road is the worst. I'll try South Twin and report back if it's good.

T
TTFishon
Right on man! Good luck!

N
Ntofishing
DYJ said:
Excellant, thats where we're heading then. The other thing that bothered me about miller lake was driving that washboard road for 12 miles in the jetta.... bumpers and fenders may be fallin off by the time we get there. That road is the worst. I'll try South Twin and report back if it's good.

Don't forget about all the mosquito's, LOL!! I took my family up there last year around this time and got all of those experiences. The one thing that sticks out was the cloud of mosquito's following the vehicle though the campground while we were looking for a site daring us to step out. When I stopped the car they tried to attack the windows in hopes of getting at us before we even stepped out.

C
capblack
DYJ said:
This weekend the better half and I are heading to our property, that is close by the Hwy 58/Hwy97 junction. We'd like to spend the days exploring and maybe even catch some fish. Any recomendation for places to fish off the bank that are good right now.

your not chasing kokes this weekend??

D
DYJ
Our plan was for Kokes on Sunday. Friday night and Saturday was pre damage control with the wife to keep her happy. We have a cabin 12 miles past Crescent so it's easy for us to jump up and take off for just a night. But, with all the Koke reports we heard sounding like they were very slow we were gettin discouraged. So Saturday morning my brothers buddy came up with the last minute plan to meet some other boats from Portland and head out Tuna Fishing on Sunday. I posted a thread on here and on TC, with a few pics.

Anyways, back to the original post... we had a late Friday night @ Manley's so we got a bit of a late start. Trish didn't want to get outta bed till 7:30, no biggie cause Manley's was worth it and this was her fishing trip. Anyways, we fished South Twin lake for about three hours. Caught three trout, nothing to write home about but Trish caught two of them so that's a good day. I tried throwing lures out there and she was using a worm with a small pink fish pill to make it float. that is eventually what I went to also and that's the only thing that worked for us. The mosquitoes were horrible and eventually the reason we left (and my brother blowing my phone up with Tuna fishing plans) That is a cool lake and one I've never been too, thanks for pointin us in that direction. We'll go back when the skeeters aint so bad.

Last edited: