Gonna try tomorrow

S
Shadelady
well we are going to head up to Moonshine Park on the Siletz tomorrow, wont get there til afternoon or so, but we;re going to give it a try. maybe this will have to get moved to the salmon section- who knows!

M
metalmania
Well good luck to ya, I hope you get into some chromers:D.

S
Shadelady
hey thanks, in the previous post i meant to ask for advice- if you've got any i'll take it- thanks

M
metalmania
Shadelady said:
hey thanks, in the previous post i meant to ask for advice- if you've got any i'll take it- thanks

Sorry i've never fished the siletz so I won't be of much help, but I hope to fish it one day.

N
ninja2010
get a hold of kodiak... he'll have some tips for ya...

S
Shadelady
OK so it was a "success" we got 2 greenlings and one rockfish... we went to Boiler Bay instead. my better half had a rough night at work and Boiler Bay seemed both closer and easier.
Kodiak, are you headed this way soon? (i dont mean to sound whiney, i just really, really want to catch a big fish!)

K
Kodiak
Shadelady said:
OK so it was a "success" we got 2 greenlings and one rockfish... we went to Boiler Bay instead. my better half had a rough night at work and Boiler Bay seemed both closer and easier.
Kodiak, are you headed this way soon? (i dont mean to sound whiney, i just really, really want to catch a big fish!)

End of May, First of june when the springers get going....first part of june summers will be at Moonshine and up in the canyon...right know they are below the bullsack.

S
Shadelady
where is the bullsack?

K
Kodiak
Its that big loop of river that runs around the town of Siletz.

S
Shadelady
theres something up with the water in the Siletz, i keep catching rock fish! joking, we went to Boiler Bay again and met The Nothing / Isaac. Was a perfect beautiful day. got one rock and lost a lot of tackle- wheres a good place to get cheap weights? anyway, it was a nice day- i think i am a bit of a sissy about the upper Siletz, for whatever reason i dont mind trying down closer to the 101, but am still intimdated by the upper parts- i bet i am saying that backwards.
hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend.

F
FishHooker
Try down low

Try down low

You can try around the upper end of the tide water for summer stealies right now. Cedar Creek is a nice bank spot to fish from. Good luck.

S
Shadelady
not to sound like a total idiot, but i dont know where that is either. i know where the Kernville steakhouse is- and being that they are closed down i have been thinking about trying there. and i have permission to fish at coyote rv park.
if i was going to give it a shot, what would you recommend tossing out there?

F
FishHooker
Cedar Creek is at mile maker 15 up from Hwy 101. Try tossing spinners or drifting some cured shrimp. If you know Ed at Coyote Rock RV he can point you in the right direction and he has the shrimp also.

S
Shadelady
ok thanks, not too sure what we'll be up to tomorrow. but if we head out i'll stop in the coyote.

R
RunWithSasquatch
A buddy of mine had 5 hookups last weekend when the water was high above moon shine, anywhere in the system can be good right now.