Gonna try tomorrow uppertown stretch

F
Finneus Polebender
Headin out at cracko dawn get some alt fishin in think salmon /steelhead . Goin w a buddy somewhere here in town , river looks better hopefully we will get into sumthin! Anybody else doin good ? looks like they been gettin them at dexter still .

T
Thuggin4Life
Fish are still coming up so i would strongly recomend not being one of the monkeys below the dam. anywhere in town should be good i tryed my spot 2 days in a row a few days back without any luck but the river didn't look as good as it does now and one rolled right next to the boat. good luck.

F
Finneus Polebender
Thuggin4Life said:
Fish are still coming up so i would strongly recomend not being one of the monkeys below the dam. anywhere in town should be good i tryed my spot 2 days in a row a few days back without any luck but the river didn't look as good as it does now and one rolled right next to the boat. good luck.

thanks dude will let you know how we fare water really is lookin good!

F
Finneus Polebender
Well no luck for us ,beautiful mornin though ! Did see one steelhead hooked and landed water still a bit green .Lots of boats out and headed out as we left.l All in all river looked real good.

F
Finneus Polebender
Well fish must be in reel good now! Figured out what I was doin wrong .This whole time Ive been using steelhead gear to try and catch steelhead. Went on a river bop W/TT yesterday and nailed this beauty while throwin a thomas lure for trout . Luckily it was in a good stretch cause whaaammm the pole goes down and a huge flash appears in front of me,I had come to the gun fight with a knife! 1/4to a1/2 mile later free driftin and 8 different runs I finally bear hugged "had no net" this 29"buck to the side of my toon and got a gill whoa what a battle really didn't think I would be able to land it! Two different drift boats were anchored up watchin me gettin soaked tryin to land this fish without a net. So I guess when one wants a steelhead use a thomas ,just kidding Ihave heard of this but only one I have ever caught this way, thinkin they must be thick in that stretch. There have been a lot of boats out too.

D
Damon79
is that at Island Park?

F
Finneus Polebender
pic yes, usin your imagination fish hooked roughly 1mile upstream from there landed just at the big flat rock stretch above the train bridge long battle with bass gear and a trout lure , the no net thing made it reel interesting too! used to havin that big ol bucket mouth without all the pointy teeth kinda easier to grab up,learned my lesson!

Last edited:
C
Chrome_Chaser
Nice fish FP, friend of mine have been doing really good there. Dexter has slowed down quite a bit.

F
Finneus Polebender
Chrome_Chaser said:
Nice fish FP, friend of mine have been doing really good there. Dexter has slowed down quite a bit.

Thanks , felt the reason why people fall in love with these fish again man they are cool ,just might have to spend more time on them !