Gonna head out to the pond at 3.....

F
Finneus Polebender
Gonna go hit up the big pond thinkin between 3-3:30 when the chores are done anyone up for some fishin ? will check back before I head out . FP

O
Outdoor_Myers
well what pond :p

T
TTFishon
Man I'd be there but I've already had too many beers.:) I wonder when they're gonna start biting in the tractor pond? BTW, I want to stop by tomorrow after work to sink those trees if it's not pouring out. Good luck.

F
Finneus Polebender
Outdoor_Myers said:
well what pond :p

Sorry the larger of my three private ponds. You bet there TT will be home at 4:30 tomporrow, just looked at em again as I came in from finishing planting garden stuff and thought those really need to be at the bottom of the pond LOL. Last time I was out at the tractor pond a few days ago water was 58deg and had one good takedown right when I put in pesky 1 lber missed him.

T
TTFishon
Cool. I'll be there at around 6. Looks like I need to bring my pole too.

H
Hawk
Finneus Polebender said:
Sorry the larger of my three private ponds. You bet there TT will be home at 4:30 tomporrow, just looked at em again as I came in from finishing planting garden stuff and thought those really need to be at the bottom of the pond LOL. Last time I was out at the tractor pond a few days ago water was 58deg and had one good takedown right when I put in pesky 1 lber missed him.

Cattails look pretty COOL:cool::cool: in a pond, & they provide pretty good cover...BUT YA really have to keep them under CONTROL,,,cuz they GRow Fast. & spread out reel fast.
:lol::lol:

:shock::shock::shock:

Last edited:
F
Finneus Polebender
Hawk said:
Cattails look pretty COOL:cool::cool: in a pond, & they provide pretty good cover...BUT YA really have to keep them under CONTROL,,,cuz they GRow Fast. & spread out reel fast.
:lol::lol:

:shock::shock::shock:

They would be great for the tractor pond it is a very barron gravel bottom and shallow enuff ,plus with the loose gravel they could be dredged out easy if they start to get out of control, can they be bought or legally harvested and transplanted? Better bring that pole TT thinkin next trip we will be into fish.

H
Hawk
Finneus Polebender said:
They would be great for the tractor pond it is a very barron gravel bottom and shallow enuff ,plus with the loose gravel they could be dredged out easy if they start to get out of control, can they be bought or legally harvested and transplanted? Better bring that pole TT thinkin next trip we will be into fish.

I have a smaller pond. I guess it was about 8 years ago or so. A few cattail seeds must have landed in my pond by mother nature. :lol::lol:.
Well that spring about 6 cattail plants popped up. They have multiplied more every year since then.:)
:shock:

I love the Water Lily plants. About 10 years ago i planted 2 of them. They have spread some & get big Beautful flowers every spring/summer. :D:cool:

H
Hawk
The cattails are in water about 1' at the shallowest to about 4' the deepest. The middle of my pond is 30'.

T
tomriker
well how many did ya catch today

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
well how many did ya catch today

Waited too long got a lot of chores done but the wind came up and I decided to stay here and watch the new season premier of river monsters, TT and I are gonna hit it tomorrow and sink some trees too. That is unless my phone rings LOL.

T
tomriker
gunna be busy this next week at work so probably not much fishin time to be had :( unless it gets really nice out.... then i might have to wiggle my way out of some stuff

F
Finneus Polebender
Totally understand will be kinda busy myself weekend after next we will tear it up for sure!

O
Outdoor_Myers
I am so jealous right now good luck to you guys

F
Finneus Polebender
Outdoor_Myers said:
I am so jealous right now good luck to you guys

Its a bit of a drive but wait till we know its on, and you could come fish my place sometime.Prob have room for 1 more at the invitational too.