Golden Garden Ponds Park

T
TTFishon
The park is open to the public again. They took the steepness out of the banks. The fishing's probably going to suck there for a while. They may as well turn it into a trout hatchery fishery now.

Q
qwapaw
Hey TT, Where is this place. I am not familiar with it, but always looking for a new safe place to take the Grand Kids fishing. Thanks, Qwa

T
TTFishon
qwapaw said:
Hey TT, Where is this place. I am not familiar with it, but always looking for a new safe place to take the Grand Kids fishing. Thanks, Qwa

It's over off of Barger across from Shasta Middle School. Here's the link for directions.
Google Maps

The ponds have bass,bluegill,crappie,channel cats, brown bullhead, and carp. Personally I'm disappointed. I'd rather it just have stayed an old barrow pit. It is a park though and it will be a safer place for kids. According to the article they dumped two million dollars into parking it up so it should be a nice place to visit. I hope you and your grand kids have a good time there.

Q
qwapaw
Thanks, It is nice to have a safe place to take kids. Hope you have a good one too. Qwa