Golden Dorado fly fishing trip-Argentina

F

Flyfish Pursuit

Once in a lifetime killer price for Argentina Golden Dorado! Two seats open!

1641772231957.png
I have two seats open for a fly fishing trip to Argentina’s Parana River. Dates are August 22-31, 2022. Eight days to fish! $3,750; trip includes guide boats (2/boat), lodging, meals, angling license, and round trip transfer from local domestic airport. The trip is scheduled for four fly fishers. It was originally scheduled for 2020 but due to COVID, Argentina closed their borders to international visitors. The country is now open! Please only inquire if you are serious! Send PM. Thanks!

Last edited:
DOKF

DOKF

Yes, dorado = golden

I have always been fascinated by dorado (because they look like killer salmonids, although they are not related), and by huchen and taimen (which are killer salmonids).

I have spent time working in Mongolia, but never had the opportunity to chase taimen, such is the pity. Unlikely that I will ever have the coin to chase dorado in Argentina ...

Google or watch Jeremy Wade's episode on dorado. They austensibly look like salmon to me.

F

Flyfish Pursuit

Gulfstream,
Not to be a snob or biased towards gear but this trip is only fly fishing, sorry.

You know, I have never thought of the odd word translations, that's funny!

DOKF, what a bummer to be so close to fish for taimen and not be able too, ouch! That one is on my bucket list too! Those videos of them eating a big mouse pattern off the top is sensational!

DOKF

DOKF

I did have the experience of using mice to fish for northern pike and lake trout on Lesser Slave Lake.

That was an experience! Chuck 'n duck casting ...

Still, a missed opportunity for taimen indeed.

F

Flyfish Pursuit

Gulfstream, sorry, I misunderstood your initial question thinking you were asking about the use of "conventional" gear. But to answer your question, the outfitter can supply fly fishing gear. I don't think there is an extra charge. They do charge for flies and they are very expensive, best to buy them in the states or tie your own. Hope this makes more sense!

Top Bottom