Gold Lake?

F
flyfisherman4
Anyone know how gold lake is fishing?

J
JeannaJigs
I haven't been up there this year and can't hike in now, but last summer if was pretty good.

N
nwkiller
agreed, last season was sweet, its always been pretty descent...average catch is 9-13 inches, the fish are all beautiful as hell

J
JeannaJigs
Ohhhh yeah. Amazing fish! Released one last summer that came on a panther Martin that I'd estimate was around the two pound mark. Beautiful hard fighting fish. I miss that place. Will for sure gave to get up there next summer again

O
OnTheFly
JeannaJigs said:
Ohhhh yeah. Amazing fish! Released one last summer that came on apanther Martin COLOR]that I'd estimate was around the two pound mark. Beautiful hard fighting fish. I miss that place. Will for sure gave to get up there next summer again

Whoe Whoe Whoe!!!!!!!!!! The Gold lake up past Oakridge is stictly fly fishing:shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
N
nwkiller
i was thought that as well, and thought maybe jeanna was thinking of a diffrent spot...but yes if we are talking hwy 58 gold lake then yes it is fly only.........def worth the couple mile journey on the gravel to get there.

F
flyfisherman4
it was amazinf=g green damsels worked thursday and friday and then zug bugz were working well saturday through mondaybiggest fish 15 inch rainbow cught on a zug bug mostly brook trout but about 10 rainbows!

O
OnTheFly
Nice! Just missed you. I was there the start of that week. Sunday to Wednesday. Zug Bug is a great fly. Next time try a Gold Rib Hares Ear. They seem to imitate a damsel fly nymph. Also, we finished our week up at East Lake and we were told, by the guy at the resort, that we did better on flies than the bait and lure guys and guess what fly worked best? Yup! Zug Bug!

F
flyfisherman4
How did gold lake fish for you guys? were you fishing out of a float tube or a pontoon boat?

O
OnTheFly
pontoons. I was picking them up trolling or sitting stationary while using a retreive.