Going to Miller on a trip in a few weeks

C
colbypearson
completely clueless on what to use :lol: bass fisherman at heart i normally can find out how to get them but it would be nice to take the guess work out of it for the most part? :think::think:

Troutski
Troutski
Drop offs

Drop offs

Try trolling a 3" segmented Rainbow Rapala, the north end just past the boat launch is a good starting point. If you have a sonar look for the drop OFF's and troll just inward. Remember this lake has a 24 hour fishing clock.....be still my heart, something about hooking up with a nice Brown in pitch dark.
Bring plenty of skeeter juice, the ones up there are known for picking up small children ;)

Chuck

O
oldhippie
Troutski said:
Try trolling a 3" segmented Rainbow Rapala, the north end just past the boat launch is a good starting point. If you have a sonar look for the drop OFF's and troll just inward. Remember this lake has a 24 hour fishing clock.....be still my heart, something about hooking up with a nice Brown in pitch dark.
Bring plenty of skeeter juice, the ones up there are known for picking up small children ;)

Chuck

This ^^

If you don't have sonar you can see the drop offs by the color change. Fishing should be best early and late now but is good all day if you get cloud cover and a little wind to break up the surface (careful about asking for wind ;) ) If you don't feel like trolling you can cast kastmasters off the edge of the drop off and let them sink to the bottom, then jig them in.

Good luck!

S
slaminSalmon
do you use any kind of down riggers or trolling weights? if so what size or what depth do you usally run at. thanks going camping there in july.

Last edited:
O
oldhippie
slaminSalmon said:
do you use any kind of down riggers or trolling weights? if so what size or what depth do you usally run at. thanks going camping there in july.

I haven't trolled there much, we usually cast from the boat and get fish in the shallow water. That works early and late in the season. During July, the fish will be deeper unless you're fishing early or late (night). Most people just long-line rapalas.