Going to Eugene

L
lilsalmon
So, I have an appointment Thursday morning in Eugene. I don't want to make it a wasted trip so I want to fish......can anyone give me some good places to check out. I have been to Armitage and really liked it but would like to try some other places also. Thanks!

J
JeannaJigs
What kind of fishing do you want to do?

L
lilsalmon
River.....thats why I was thinking Armitage but would really like to try other places. Have a couple jigs I want to try out. Anywhere there is good water, thats where I want to go....:D What about Hayden bridge? Never been there but it was mentioned to me to check it out.

T
TTFishon
Lilsalmon, here's an easy way to get to Hayden Bridge from Armitage Park. Turn onto Mckenzie View Dr that's on the north end of the bridge on Coburg Rd. Follow this road to Hill Rd. Turn right at Hill Rd and drive until you come to an intersection with a light. Turn right onto Marcola Rd. You will see a small store on your left and then the river this is Hayden Bridge. On the store side there's some great looking water. I've see people fish there all the time. There's free parking if you can find a spot along the road or you can pay park at the boat ramp parking off of Hayden Bridge Rd on the west side of the bridge on your right. Also if you drive up the road about a quarter mile there's free parking on your left. At the back of that parking lot you will see a gated road that will take you to some good water also. Here's a google link.
Google Maps

L
lilsalmon
TTFishon said:
Lilsalmon, here's an easy way to get to Hayden Bridge from Armitage Park. Turn onto Mckenzie View Dr that's on the north end of the bridge on Coburg Rd. Follow this road to Hill Rd. Turn right at Hill Rd and drive until you come to an intersection with a light. Turn right onto Marcola Rd. You will see a small store on your left and then the river this is Hayden Bridge. On the store side there's some great looking water. I've see people fish there all the time. There's free parking if you can find a spot along the road or you can pay park at the boat ramp parking off of Hayden Bridge Rd on the west side of the bridge on your right. Also if you drive up the road about a quarter mile there's free parking on your left. At the back of that parking lot you will see a gated road that will take you to some good water also. Here's a google link.
Google Maps

Thanks TT...can't wait to give it a try. Too bad my appointment will interfere....oh well will be great to be fishing.

T
TTFishon
No problem. I drove by Hayden Bridge yesterday and the water looked good. I hope the conditions are in your favor Thursday. Good luck.

L
lilsalmon
TTFishon said:
No problem. I drove by Hayden Bridge yesterday and the water looked good. I hope the conditions are in your favor Thursday. Good luck.

So, I get to the bridge....excellent directions once I backtracked to Coburg Rd as I blew past the exit...:D Nice drive too. I have a visit with the nice lady in the store who gives me some information. Seen someone down on the store side whom I thought was fishin but then they proceeded to start changing their clothes....oops.....:shock: Anyway, I didn't want to fish in someones living room...:lol: so I headed up to the parking area with the gated road....nice. Walked back a ways and found a nice little spot that I plan on going back to when the water is a little better...I think there is a big ass tree or something there cuz it got about 3 or 4 of my lures.....:( Anyway was a great time....thanks for your help in finding it. Got some more water pictures and carried out some trash....I am getting expert at that. It was a beautiful day out there tho...

T
TTFishon
Cool. I'm glad you had a good day. That area you lost your lures at is pretty good when the water's right. Oh BTW, thanks for picking up the trash.

L
lilsalmon
That is one of the spots i will return to...thanks...a lot more trash but I didn't have enough hands or a bag....