going to crane this weekend!!!!

W
wizfish
im going fishing at crane this weekend and was wondering if anyone has any advice on what to use,where to fish etc!!!
thx ahead of time everyone!!!

S
Sage_Flyguy
First off welcome to the forum.
I was at Crane last weekend , we only fished a little bit , but it was pretty slow. We landed 3 the big guy was around 18. As for suggestions this time of year the fish are pretty much just everywhere. I have had the most success just about 20 - 30 yards off the shoreline floating a worm and a marshmallow around 16" off the bottom or rainbow powerbait. The spot that seems to produce for me is right near the rock creek campground off that little point , or out off osprey point .

Good luck and I hope this helps
Jer

W
wizfish
awesome thx man i appreciate it!!!

S
Sage_Flyguy
No problem always glad to help out , be sure and post a report when you get back. The following weekend I am header to Paulina Lake and I will post a report also .

Jer

W
wizfish
will do!!

K
Kevinb5688
I did pretty good out of those rock points last outing there but all were under 20". To get the big boys you gota fish around the closest trees sticking up in the channels troughout the lake. :) 9 lb fish caught 2 weeks ago doing that with a helgermite on #8 hook , 6lb test, under a small float rods length deep ( 6-8 ft ). Good luck!!!

J
JimBob
Crane is slow, there is a big bug hatch going on.