Going SeaSide on US26, where to Stop for trout?

M
meluvtrout
Any ideas?

F
FishFinger
meluvtrout said:
Any ideas?

Main stem Nehalem and the Necanium would be your best best.

F
FishWenKan
I kno Fort Stevens has a pretty large lake, Coffenberry lake stockd and i think even with steelies a little after seaside tho o and Cullaby lake is pretty nice as well.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
FishWenKan,thanks for the info

FishWenKan,thanks for the info

Welcome to the friendliest,most information sharing fishing forum west of the Mississippi,FishWenKan! Glad to see you jumping right in there with informative posts. Whereabouts do you throw your line? Do you concentrate on one or two species or fish in general? You know you're welcome to check out all the posts including the archives. You sound like you will be a definite positive here. Again,welcome.
Barb

M
meluvtrout
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the responses. So I went to a local bait shop in Gearhart and started asking around... People mostly prefer crabbing over there, but they also recommended Cullaby, which was about 7 miles from where I was. When we got to the friend's house a nice 45 lbs salmon was waiting for us, smoked and ready to go, and we decided to opt out fishing for this time.

Interesting thing about the drive was, if you ever been to coast you'd remember, there was this restaurant/store on US26 with a large Paul Bunyon statue right in front it. Well, Paul Bunyon is the only thing remaining cause the restaurant was all burnt down. Also I'm not sure if it was the disaster that happened last winter or some crazy guy went down there and tried to clear cut the whole forest, but the scenic route isn't as scenic anymore.

Lastly but not the least, I've been seeing this creek on the way back from the coast for a while now. Beatiful view from the bridge. Close to South Fork (Nehalem, I'd think). I think it was called Silver something exit. Next time I'll make sure to stop there for some trout!

F
FishWenKan
Raincatcher said:
Welcome to the friendliest,most information sharing fishing forum west of the Mississippi,FishWenKan! Glad to see you jumping right in there with informative posts. Whereabouts do you throw your line? Do you concentrate on one or two species or fish in general? You know you're welcome to check out all the posts including the archives. You sound like you will be a definite positive here. Again,welcome.
Barb

Thanks the people sure r friendly and very very informative! I throw my line where ever theres water but I just moved to the gladestone area so im trying to imporve my skills with the steelhead/salmons at the Clack when ever I get the chance. I love the trout n lakes but with the cats and sturgeons at suavie is what im used to b4 i moved down here.

meluvtrout-I drive down to seaside all the time but never checked out that creek let me kno how it is if u ever do!