Goin fishin tonight

F
fishinmomma
Anyone out at Hagg today? How was it? Headin out there this evening when the hubs gets off of work. Thanks!!

W
wormosa
it sucked today, no bites nothing, and way to many people out there and i got sun burnt lol

F
fishinmomma
lol use lots of aloe. Do you think tonight might be better? What time do they close and you have to be out of there?

W
wormosa
they lock up and close at dusk, the sheriff boat comes and finds everyone and tells them it is time to go.... i saw one boat pull out today and they had 6 or7 12 inchers, was really nice fish... we did not go to the skiing area, i got a late start so we stayed on the no wake side...

F
fishinmomma
crap don't think I am going to be able to get out there then tonight. Isn't there a lake in Tigard? We went last night to Bethany and to Commonwealth and had no bites. We went out about 8:30 though.

troutdude
troutdude
You might want to PM Beaverfan. He lives in Beaverton, and probably knows all of the good spots near Tigard.

B
beaverfan
The only spot I know of in Tigard is the Tualatin River at Cook Park. Throw a worm in there and your sure to get something! Don't eat it though!

F
fishinmomma
oh really you can't eat them there?

B
beaverfan
No I wouldn't eat anythin out of the Tualatin.

F
fishinmomma
good to know thanks!!! Can you eat the ones out of Bethany and Commonwealth?

M
Moe
Yes. Any lake that is stocked means you can eat the fish out of them, otherwise they wouldn't stock it. Welcome to the Forum

F
fishinmomma
thanks TD! Hopefully if the hubs gets off early enough tonight we are going to out to Hagg. Didn't get off early enough yesterday so we weren't able to do any fishing.

F
fishinmomma
good cause last week I had a huge bass (we think) that broke my line. Went and got bigger line over the weekend so I am getting that bad boy. LOL.

troutdude
troutdude
beaverfan said:
No I wouldn't eat anythin out of the Tualatin.

X 2! That is a slow moving river, with all kinds of pollutants. YUCK!

M
Moe
fishinmomma said:
good cause last week I had a huge bass (we think) that broke my line. Went and got bigger line over the weekend so I am getting that bad boy. LOL.

It very well could have been a big bass, but it also could have been one of those MONSTER carp at both lakes.

troutdude
troutdude
fishinmomma said:

Remember, it also could've been a BIG BROODER rainbow that was stocked last fall. But, state record smallies are also in there.

GO GET 'EM!!!

F
fishinmomma
Thanks guys. Yeah some ppl were throwing bread to the ducks out there and we saw like 3-4 of them just coming up and getting the bread that was left, they were freakin huge. So quick question when you guys are using jigs and things like that do you put on weights with them or just the jig?

troutdude
troutdude
There are carp in Hagg Lake?

Or, has this switched to talking about a different lake?

F
fishinmomma
in Bethany and Commonwealth TD!!

F
fishinmomma
but I wouldn't doubt if there are carp in Hagg.