Glo bug under a float?

brandon4455
brandon4455
i have a small eagle claw slip bobber and under it i have 3 bb size slipt shots then an orange glo bug this would work for steelhead right? just want to know f it will be worth trying tipped with a nightcrawler at tucca &three rivers. ill be using it paired with a 5'6 cheap shakspeare rod and 6lb test LOL.(i know it's stupid but if my drag is set right i could land a fish) thanks,

brandon

note: the leader in this pic is really short so you can see the whole thing.

• PICT0072.jpg
O
OnTheFly
Should work except I'm wondering why the use of multiple split shot. Seems like it could hang up easier if the depth isn't set right. Why not use just one slightly larger, depending on current and depth, about a foot above the glo bug.:think:

P
Phil_Bud
never tryed it...don't see why not.
I hate that because I get really pumped about using something...then try it for the 1st 10 minutes on the water, and switch up if its not working.

brandon4455
brandon4455
thanks for the replies guys. and i use multiple because i see a lot of other people do it i guess. i do the same thing when using a plain worm under a float and it works fine. but tangling is an issue sometimes. and bud. i know what you mean about using somthing and it dosent work at first it gets frustrating .

M
MIKE (YGA)
yea that would work i would take that worm off tho an throw some patskies on there if you dont have roe

brandon4455
brandon4455
MIKE (YGA) said:
yea that would work i would take that worm off tho an throw some patskies on there if you dont have roe

thanks for the tip..and **** i just ran outta pautzkies recently ill need to add them to my list.

H
halibuthitman
I would ditch the orange egg on the tucca... I would go with a peach glo bug, or if its sunny yellow with a red yoke or white with a red yoke.... and I would ditch the bait, if you insist on the need use anise or some salmon feast on the glow bug..

brandon4455
brandon4455
halibuthitman said:
I would ditch the orange egg on the tucca... I would go with a peach glo bug, or if its sunny yellow with a red yoke or white with a red yoke.... and I would ditch the bait, if you insist on the need use anise or some salmon feast on the glow bug..

well. ill have to find a place to buy those colors because i don't know how to tie flies... D: but thanks for the ideas brad. ill try to find a few of those. all the best,

brandon

brandon4455
brandon4455
and if orange isn't good for the tucca what river is it good for? cause i have 4 of these glo bugs i found packed away and all of them are orange.. don't want them to go to waste and i know they will work somwhere.

brandon