Gill Nets again

S
SNDSLGR
Wow, I was hoping they would wait til they close the Columbia before letting them back in.

M
Marvin's Guide Service
IT is just crazy. I called odfw and said hey we did not catch as many fish as they thougt above I 5 bridge, dose the mean we can have more days..

K
Kodiak
guidem said:
IT is just crazy. I called odfw and said hey we did not catch as many fish as they thougt above I 5 bridge, dose the mean we can have more days..

Of course not, you don't pay a landing fee. 88% of your license money goes to enforcement....and they don't want to work satedays any more than they have too. Plus it's far more profitable if they don't have to enforce. Why should you get to fish more?

S
Swamp Puppy
hopefully they are done after this.

B
bigsteel
Kodiak said:
Of course not, you don't pay a landing fee. 88% of your license money goes to enforcement....and they don't want to work satedays any more than they have too. Plus it's far more profitable if they don't have to enforce. Why should you get to fish more?

how is it more profitable to not enforce the laws?i dont think88% of our fees go towards enforcement,,,the majority goes to stocking fish and research. i dont think he was asking for more days,,,its sarcasm

K
Kodiak
Almost 0% from the sale of licenses and tags go to the resource in the state of Oregon, Rather to fund game enforcement for ODFW. Game wardens in this start are not funded from the general fund like the rest of OSP, but the salaries,vehicles, and gas come from license and tag fees. Almost all the hatcheries in oregon are federally funded, so its from the sales of gear you buy in excise taxes that funds the hatcheries and research, the remaining 12% is administrative fees. Don't believe me? check into it for yourself. If you ask ODFW they will tell you they don't know where the money from the lic/tags go....ask OSP..they know exactley where3 the money for enforcement comes from and how it is spent to the penny. It is a serious flaw in oregons wildlife managment that needs correction.