Gilbert River over flow

S
Sasquatch
I tired to get there on saturday(to the boat ramp on the gilbert) and the road was closed.I got out of the car and hiked down to the river but where the road used to be there is now a 6foot deep pond about the size of a park.unless you have a kayak or something you're not getting to the boat ramp.

PS: you can't hike around it...I tried for about an hour.

F
fredaevans
Gilbert River? Save for Aussie Land have no clue where your at.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Sauvie Island

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
The Gilbert River isn't very long, or terribly well known. I believe it's really more of a slough, connecting wetlands/lakes on Sauvie Island with the Multnomah Channel.

F
fredaevans
Ah, there we go. Thanks for the info; another example of Google being a good reference, but FAR from infalable.

Fred

S
Sasquatch
Fantabulous sturgeon fishing there.

F
fredaevans
Took some real looking to find the river, but find it I did!

B
Boo
I went up Cunningham Slough the other day, and right now it is more like Cunningham Swamp. In places it is actually hard to figure out if you're still on the main channel. Fishing was not good at all. I have a feeling the fish are taking advantage of the fact they have lots of room to roam and are all spread out.

C
cannonsville69
Yeah, when they get spread out and there's a ton of bait (food) everywhere . . . always happens with high water

T
Toyracer38
Wish I would have read this before going out today, would have saved me a hike :) I ended up going all the way back out and up Steelman Rd. Was disappointed in the lack of access, but did find a spot to fish. Couple of guys landed fish, but the boats on the other side of the channel were doing much better.

T
Toyracer38
Just realized the original post was almost a year ago. lol They really are busting butt to get that road repaired I see. lol