giant new zeland trout on the fly

H
halibuthitman
cool Brandon, and do you know where those beasts decendents came from... the Mcloud river flowing off Mt Shasta into Shasta lake... it is the most prevelently dispersed strain of trout in the world, many world class trout rivers all over the world are full of trout that were transported from california, like the eagle lake strain.. one of the most rugged strains capable of adapting to almost any suitable river.. all from california, not Montana or Idaho or wyoming or colorado.. The most sought after trout strain for building a fishery is from only 300 miles from your house.... cool huh?

brandon4455
brandon4455
halibuthitman said:
cool Brandon, and do you know where those beasts decendents came from... the Mcloud river flowing off Mt Shasta into Shasta lake... it is the most prevelently dispersed strain of trout in the world, many world class trout rivers all over the world are full of trout that were transported from california, like the eagle lake strain.. one of the most rugged strains capable of adapting to almost any suitable river.. all from california, not Montana or Idaho or wyoming or colorado.. The most sought after trout strain for building a fishery is from only 300 miles from your house.... cool huh?
thats amazing, i never knew that... i thought they were native there.. ive been by that lake numerous times,, even fished a trib of it. i was wondering if hey were stocked at one point thoug because i would not think rainbows and browns would prefer clear low water. bu they seem to be right at home. this place looks fun to go to, awesome fly fishing and red stag,, always wanted to hunt for em. ill add this to my list of places i will dream about but probably never go to :lol:

O
OnTheFly
Lets not forget the incredible trout habitat found in New Zealand. The only indigenous things on the Islands are birds and bugs and the fish just thrive. The smallest fish you can keep under NZ regulation is 14inches. Introducing trout there was genious. I have only fished Lake Taupo in North Island but plan to do a proper fishing expidition through both islands when I return.

H
halibuthitman
why will you never go? I came from less than nothing.. thats right nuthin, and Ive been everywhere Ive felt like going.. finish school, protect your credit score, save your money, don't buy pick-up trucks and don't get married till you are 30.. and things might be different than you think-

brandon4455
brandon4455
halibuthitman said:
why will you never go? I came from less than nothing.. thats right nuthin, and Ive been everywhere Ive felt like going.. finish school, protect your credit score, save your money, don't buy pick-up trucks and don't get married till you are 30.. and things might be different than you think-

thanks for the advice, its nice having someone for that when dad isn't around. it is kinda my dream o go fly fish around the world... i can see it now

brandon4455
brandon4455
OnTheFly said:
Lets not forget the incredible trout habitat found in New Zealand. The only indigenous things on the Islands are birds and bugs and the fish just thrive. The smallest fish you can keep under NZ regulation is 14inches. Introducing trout there was genious. I have only fished Lake Taupo in North Island but plan to do a proper fishing expidition through both islands when I return.

smallest is 14 inches? LOL wow,, i'm sure everyone that fishes there does catch and release though, and btw ill be sneaking into your trunk befoe you leave to NZ :lol: