Giant hatchery steel

N
nwkiller
Not sure if this was put on so i thought id add it....bet this guy is stoked:clap:
scroll through...lol....i messed up and added it below

Last edited:
N
nwkiller
messed that up hang on! ill get it

N
nwkiller
GIANT HATCH STEEL (redux)

GIANT HATCH STEEL (redux)

KVAL news -
My quiet neighborhood in Eugene echoed with sounds of joy and jubilation today, so I grabbed my camera and went to see what all the fuss was about. My neighbor, Mark Wiederhold of West Eugene, got up early Thursday morning and like many other mornings, went fishing with a buddy. Mark is retired and his drift boat sees more miles per week than the family car. ( His fishing buddies see him more than his wife does too! ) This morning turned out to be one of Mark's most magical ever and Mother Earth blessed Mark with his largest Steelhead ever !
copyfile222.jpg
..The huge fish is 37 inches long and weighs 18 pounds ! It does not have an adipose fin and is a legal " stocked" fish. Mark also caught a 35 incher that weighed 16 pounds... I watched as Mark cut the " small " one into steaks and asked him if he was going to mount the big one. " Nope, he is headed for the smoker " Mark retorted with a big grin on his face. His grin was about 37 inches wide ! I am looking forward to his invite for dinner soon. The fish came from a creek west of Eugene, near Florence.

Last edited:
N
nwkiller
my bet is they are talkin bout the slaw.....

T
Thuggin4Life
Wait so this was your nieghbor but he didn't tell you were it was caught? What a massive steel for that watershed. Think maybe LC they be talking about?

F
fishingfreak
Thats a biggen! Nice! Thanks for sharing!

N
nwkiller
no no, this was in the news.

N
nwkiller
ya could have been LC, either way big fish for there

P
plumb2fish
nwkiller said:
Not sure if this was put on so i thought id add it....bet this guy is stoked:clap:
scroll through...lol....i messed up and added it below

Dude, this story is almost a month old....

N
nwkiller
Not sure if this was put on so i thought id add it....

was it??? i didn't say what day it was caught just that it was on the news and he was stoked......
if it was posted already my bad......

T
Troutier Bassier
Still pretty cool. Thanks for posting!

Reactions: OnTheFly and nwkiller
S
SALTYFISH
Wow

Wow

That's a monster, good post!!

Reactions: OnTheFly and nwkiller
T
Thuggin4Life
Don't watch the news so its news for me. such a monster for that system though and still a big steel anyways. if i didn't know it was old news i almost would make a trip out that way instead of going for springers. almost.

Reactions: nwkiller
N
nwkiller
lol

troutdude
troutdude
It was indeed posted on here once before. But, it's still a DAM big fish!!!

Reactions: OnTheFly
N
nwkiller
o defenitly nice to look at!!

H
halibuthitman
since when does an 18 lb fish make the news?..... very nice fish-

Reactions: OnTheFly
N
nwkiller
by the way it sounds, i think the guys that caught the fish's neighbor works for the news....

troutdude
troutdude
halibuthitman said:
since when does an 18 lb fish make the news?..... very nice fish-

Brad, I know that's not a monster if we're talking about nates...but, that is pretty large for a clipped fish is it not?

N
nwkiller
i agree