Giant archery bull

Aervax
Aervax
image.jpg

This pic pretty much tells the whole story. Giant bull elk killed by my pal with a bow in Utah. He and I have been putting in for one of the trophy units for 15 years. We never drew the big tag. I quit applying. He kept at it for the last couple years. This year he drew the only non-resident permit for the best trophy unit in the state. Now I look kind of dumb not putting in with him. Oh well. I am still waiting for the whole story. My pal had to hustle back to Alaska to get back to work when the hunt was over and has not called back yet. He did say expectations were high enough that the hunt was filmed. They are talking about putting it on one of the outdoor channels. I will insert info here when I have details. Tight lines, and tight bow strings, too!

S
smoky
Nice bull if you can't get the video link you should try and find the name of the show they put it on

E
eugene1
Nice big boy there!

T
troutmasta
Wow!!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
hey wait, maybe he is just holding that elk out with his arms to make it look bigger! :D

1 nut in the water
Yes, definitely long arming that thing!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
or how about "who knew that Peter Dinklage was an elk hunter?"...:D

seriously, that is an amazing elk!

Aervax
Aervax
You guys are hilarious. There may be a little bit of truth to the long arming trick. Look closely. He is far enough behind the bull that he is reaching forward to grasp the rear antler. Looks like the guide took the pic. You guides will use every angle to make even a little spike bull look like a behemouth. Shame on you. haha.

R
Richard W T
That thing is HUGE!