Getting wet is worth it!!!!

Y
youngbuck307
So today Alex and I went to hit the upper clack… we couldn’t really find the spot so we went down to bellow rivermill dam. Was nice right off the back we seen fish rolling and jumping so we knew they were in there and that got our blood going a lil:pray:…. About a half hour in the guy just down from us hooks up for a min got to say fish on!! Just in time for it to come off… Me and Alex just keep after them tossing in almost every different thing we had with nothing to show for it:rolleyes:. Probably about a hour in Alex seen a old teacher of his he was fly fishing and went up above us a ways. After a few more hours of fishing and not seeing any action we were getting ready to go(I also HAD to be home to take my daughter to check out her new preschool with baby’s mom) but I seen Alex was talking to his old teacher that had came back down. He told Alex there was a fish up a lil ways holding tight to the bank so he walked up there to check it out….. After a min I seen they were gone and went to find them:D…. The fish they seen was in probably 2 ft of water that was moving good. He was up above the hole and just holding in the head water of a very small rapid you could call it. The guy told Alex he almost had him to bite once already but couldn’t get him to commit. By the time I got up there Alex had tossed his pink corkie at him a few time but noticed how he was a lil scared of it. He knew I had on a lil black jig (THANKS OSMO IT IS A GOOD STORE BOUGHT JIG) and told me to give it a crack…. My eyes got big because he wasn’t to scared of a bright colored thing I thought I should be able to get him with the color of jig I had on. Around the 5th cast :pray:I looked up at the guys because we were all talking and by the time I looked back bobber had already went over the fish and bobber was under:shock:….quick turn of the handle till I felt the fish and set the hook (THANKS OSMO AGEN!!)
The fish didn’t move until I set it but when he did few quick head shakes them down stream he went….still haven’t caught to many fish and the fist lil bit of panic came over me my drag was too tight line was about to break I could feel it!!!! Quickly lessened it up a lil….:shock::shock::shock: THEN I SEEN IT There was a small tree hanging out in the water just a few steps down from us and I wasn’t going to be able to turn the fish to much current….SO IN I JUMPED!!!! :D:DThe fish put up a good fight after about 3 min thought he was done brought him in so Alex could grab him (no net) :)but wasn’t quite done one more run and then it was done fish to the bank!!!!!!!

It wasn't till i took my tag out of my wallet did i think of my stuff in my pockets....:lol::lol: small price to pay to get a fish on MY tag lol. only thing that kinda sucked was the brand new pack of smokes i had.. next time nothing will be in my pockets that i care about getting wet...

pics in a few!!!alex took the fish for pics and to clean it scents i had to chang and jump in the car to get my kid!:D:lol:

Last edited:
T
Troutier Bassier
Wow. Sounds like a good time.
I love that rush when you hook a Big Fish.

M
metalmania
Nice job dude:clap:. You da man:D.

Y
youngbuck307
u will have to tell me what u think when you see the pic its a lil dark but me and alex thought it should cut fine.... just kinda had color you could say

M
Markcanby
I'm always impressed with your story telling ability man you ever thought of writing into some of the fishing mags? you do a great job of telling how it was.

M
metalmania
I'm sure that thing will cut fine. I've had summers from january that weren't the worst tasting thing i've ever had. Still better than stockers. I'm sure it will taste great. They sure are pretty when they start coloring up, atleast I think so.

Y
youngbuck307
O YEA I think they look great with some color..... and thats good to know i want to eat some tonight. normaly i just use a lil butter garlic and lemon with the fish over some onions all in some tin foil boat with a lil lid did it over the bbq but would work oven too i thought... it came out great last time but any other good ways to cook it other people want to give up????

markcanby and no havent thought of that because i just got into fishing for stuff worth writing about..... how would one get into this???? my spelling is horrible but hey thats what spell check is for lol

T
Troutier Bassier
If you do that,

Salmon Trout and Steelheader would Gladly accept your Story.

Y
youngbuck307
im sure they would accept it just would it get printed lol

M
metalmania
youngbuck307 said:
O YEA I think they look great with some color..... and thats good to know i want to eat some tonight. normaly i just use a lil butter garlic and lemon with the fish over some onions all in some tin foil boat with a lil lid did it over the bbq but would work oven too i thought... it came out great last time but any other good ways to cook it other people want to give up????

Dude you might wan't to consider investing in a smoker and another freezer for the silver run. You'll probably end up with more fish then you can eat:D.

T
Troutier Bassier
Its not That Bad.
Still a Keeper.

Good Job!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Jealousy is an ugly thing...

Jealousy is an ugly thing...

You guys ROCK! :clap: But you are also making an ol lady jealous! :lol: Seriously,good job. And it definitely looks good enough to eat. Pass the lemon. I have tried the "no look" technique several times. Seems like when I ignore the wiggly lil buzzards,they ignore me too. So rude! :shock: Must be the way I hold my rod or something.
Congrats!

Y
youngbuck307
thanks barb wouldnt of got it without alex that today kinda a team thing lol

F
FishKiller23
metalmania said:
Dude you might wan't to consider investing in a smoker and another freezer for the silver run. You'll probably end up with more fish then you can eat:D.

I hope thats the case with me 2 :cool: I got a smoker and extra freezer and I am hungry for fish!!!!!

Y
youngbuck307
lol thats why i dont need one yet you got one!!!! LOL

R
Rascal
Nice fish keep it up

hey and color keeps the world from being dull and boring:lol:

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
Its not That Bad.
Still a Keeper.

Good Job!

Not that bad?! That's a great fish! It's better than yer stocker trout or bass and you say not bad? :think:

F
FishKiller23
FishSchooler said:
Not that bad?! That's a great fish! It's better than yer stocker trout or bass and you say not bad? :think:

LOL :lol::lol: You guys crack me up.!!! Anyway I cooked a piece that Tom gave me and it was pretty darn good.

F
FishSchooler
FishKiller23 said:
LOL :lol::lol: You guys crack me up.!!! Anyway I cooked a piece that Tom gave me and it was pretty darn good.

Lol thats what two kids that can't catch a darn salmonid (Im closer! :tongue:) do for ya!

T
The Nothing
Well done man!

if you want, i used to do some news editing, and I'd like to think i'm a decent writer too... If you write something up, i can help ya out. Not to mention, i'm a published photographer. Invite me out some time and I'll bring the gear...