Getting into fly fishing

troutdude
troutdude
Kfreese91 said:
Thanks for the time and replies man, I appreciate it! That's solid, by sub surface, you're talking about 2', not inches, correct? I just bought a kayak, any thoughts on the best places to use that? Been thinking about Lemolo Forebay 2..
Ha ha...yes sir 2 feet. Maybe down to 5 feet. Just go slow in your yak. One slow paddle, then glide for maybe 10', then other slow paddle. You'll have the advantage of and "S-shaped" trolling pattern too! Which will impart actions to your OFFerings that should greatly increase your catch.

Vary the depth, try a 2-fly dropper rig on occasion (Woolly Bugger followed by the Teeny Nymphs has worked best for me), vary your speed, vary your gliding pattern, on each lake you explore to dial in the day's preferred presentation.

I've never been to Lemolo--but would LOVE it! For that lake I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND jigging with Tasmanian Devil lures (diving wobblers) IF you should feel like doing some spin casting. Just ask the resort's owner...HUGE fish, and LOTS of fish, have been nabbed over the years with Tazzy's.

Last edited:
Kfreese91
Kfreese91
Awesome! Good video - I'll be giving that a try! Again thanks for the tips, I'll be sure and post anything good I get!

Reactions: troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
Kfreese91 said:
Awesome! Good video - I'll be giving that a try! Again thanks for the tips, I'll be sure and post anything good I get!
Will love to see your posts and pics!

Reactions: Kfreese91