Gettin' gear

M
Max
Where do you buy your fishing tackle and supplies? I've been going to BiMart for years out of habit and I am wondering if there are some other stores that might have more gear at good prices and maybe some employees with some actual fishing expertise. Preferably a store on Portland's west side (Washington County). Thanks! Your info is appreciated!!!

Troutski
Troutski
Cabelas

Cabelas

Lacy Wa. has a great sports store. Just off I-5, you may have heard of it - Cabelas "Worlds Foremost Outfitter".

Chuck

N
nwkiller
yep can't wait to check out our cabelas here in eug./spring.

Last edited:
F
fishbait
Max said:
Where do you buy your fishing tackle and supplies? I've been going to BiMart for years out of habit and I am wondering if there are some other stores that might have more gear at good prices and maybe some employees with some actual fishing expertise. Preferably a store on Portland's west side (Washington County). Thanks! Your info is appreciated!!!

Dicks sporting goods has a pretty good size selection. They got one in washington square and one in hillsboro.

troutdude
troutdude
Welcome to the Forum.

There is also Wholesale Sports on 82nd in Portland.

F
frodog
Don't forget fishermans marine and supply in Oregon City, all of their employees in the fishing department fish and have plenty of insite just ask them some of them are even guides. They have certainlly helped me out with gear selection and strategy. One thing I really appreiciate is they don't push the most costly gear. and also have a 30 day price guarentee.

M
Max
Hey, thanks everybody! Went to Dick's in Hillsboro yesterday and discovered they were quite a bit more expensive, especially lures, than BiMart but Dick's does have a big selection. I'll have to visit Fishermans Marine and Supply or Wholesale Sports next time I head up to the Clackamas River, which I hope will be soon!

F
fishingfreak
Also if your are in the Clackamas area check out the Small shops. Great American Tackle Shop, Gary has years of Experience on the local waters and if he does not have what you need in stock he will rush it in, Also there is BC anglers post they have a variety of do it yourself tackle to save money and also have years of localwater experience. Both shops are great and should have everything you need. They also have the same prices or cheaper as all the larger shops.

troutdude
troutdude
Great idea. Try to support the local shops if you can.

I think lure prices may be better at Wholesale Sports, than at BiMart. And the selection at Wholesale is IMMENSE!

R
rippin fish lips
is there any little local chops around eugene/springfield area? i have been going to dicks, bi-mart, and sometimes walmart to see if they get anything new. and why are rooster tails so hard to get the blade to spin now-a-days? i went out fishing last night and caught one 16'' cutty on the rainbow one and the blade wasn't even spinning, lucky fish i guess. if u know any answers plz let me know?

thanks, Tanner

troutdude
troutdude
I know what you mean. They can build a shuttle and send it to the moon, but they don't / won't fix the blades on Rooster Tails...go figure. C'mon LUHR JENSEN...get with the program!!!

But, I have devised a trick that works very well. Cast it and let it sink to the depth that you want. When it gets to that point, yank the rod like you are setting a hook. Then start reeling. Most of the time the blade will be spinning if you do this.

BTW, I have nailed TONS of trout w/ the Rainbow color!

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

R
rippin fish lips
yeah, thanks for the tip troutdude! i plan on trying it at leaburg lake tomorrow when im out on my new pontoon! ill let ya know how the fishin is up there :)

troutdude
troutdude
Enjoy your toon!