Geo Metro

TTFishon
I'm thinking about getting a Geo because my 66 dollar a week gas bill is killing me. I was wondering if any Geo owners has had any bad experiences with there's?

Thuggin4Life
You better get one now before gas starts going up or so will the price of a geo metro. My friends dad used to have one for a comuter car instead of driving his full sized pickup and seemed liked it was a good runner. i knew a kid that had a geo storm and drove it into the ground trashing it with minimal upkeep and it seems to just keep on a going. all i know is they were a hot comodity last sumer with gas being $4+ a gallon so if you want a cheap one get it now or there value will shoot up again when everyone stat complaining about high gas prices and with all this oil stuff going on i wouldn't doubt there will be an increase.

fishnquest
A friend had one years ago. He drove the punk out of it. I never heard a complaint about it; seems to be a pretty good runner.

TTFishon
Yeah, I'm thinkin this payday I should get a used one.

chrishophoto
It's my understanding that they are pretty reliable cars, but you sure as hell don't want to be in one during a collision! I drive a Honda Civic, which is still going strong well beyond 150,000 miles.

-C

Hawk
I've never had a Geo, but i've seen them on Craigslist.

We had a 1987 Honda Civic fer about 4 lustrums. Reel good ride...:D

Years ago i had a street legal 1976 Honda 90 trailbike. It would go forever ona gallon of gas.
hahaha
:lol::lol::lol:

I had a front bumpermount on my ol class C motorhome & we took the bike boonie campin'. Used her to go up the road to a good fishin' hole, or go to the store fer some vittles, etc...
Came in reel handy.

:cool::cool::cool:
:lol::lol::lol:

Mike123
We had one.. thing was cheap made and parts were abnormally expensive but the MPG was worth it! Pretty reliable car and we thrashed ours pretty hard!

If I had to get a little ugly hatch, I'd get a Civic hatch though. Much more reliable and nicer of car and just about the same MPG.

TTFishon
Mike123 said:
We had one.. thing was cheap made and parts were abnormally expensive but the MPG was worth it! Pretty reliable car and we thrashed ours pretty hard!

If I had to get a little ugly hatch, I'd get a Civic hatch though. Much more reliable and nicer of car and just about the same MPG.

Thanks Mike. I will take that into consideration. I just looked on craigslist and they seem to cost a bit more. I did find an 89 for $1100 though.

Combat Chuck
I had one for 6 years and liked it. I kinda wish I didn't sell it but I was ready to move up. The price fluctuate highly with the gas prices lol. I left mine when gas was cheap and didn't get much for it :(

the_intimidator03
nice thing is the old suzuku swift, geo metro, chevy sprints... engine removal doesn't need a hoist :p I would recommend an 80's 3 cyl with manual trans for better gas milage.

TTFishon
Thanks for all the replies. My mind's pretty much made up. It looks like a geo is a decent car that's great on gas mileage and that's what I need. Thanks again.

Mike123
Ya we actually took the motor outta ours and rebuilt it. The removal was CAKE but the rebuild wasn't that cheap for a 3cyl.. haha. I wish we still had it though. Excellent fishing rig.

Top Bottom