Gear for fall salmon?

Grant22
Grant22
Hi everyone, I have been looking to expand my coastal river fishing from steelhead, other smaller salminoids, And SRCs to chinook as well. If anyone would have any tips such as leader poundage or good setups any advice would be greatly appreciated.

S
Snopro
Bank or boat? Casting or spinning?

Reactions: troutdude
Grant22
Grant22
Snopro said:
Bank or boat? Casting or spinning?
Prolly gonna be from the bank about 80% of the time and the rods I have that can handle chinook are all casting.

S
Snopro
Grant22 said:
Prolly gonna be from the bank about 80% of the time and the rods I have that can handle chinook are all casting.
12-20 lb leader
Twitching jigs, bobber with eggs and spinners should get you into any Chinook in a biting mood.

Reactions: Grant22, rogerdodger and Clbagshaw
Grant22
Grant22
Snopro said:
12-20 lb leader
Twitching jigs, bobber with eggs and spinners should get you into any Chinook in a biting mood.
Ok thanks man

Grant22
Grant22
Snopro said:
12-20 lb leader
Also I have a blackmax sitting around, it has an 18lb max drag and can hold about 140 yards of 40lb braid, would that Work, or should I get something a bit bigger.

S
Snopro
The blackmax will work, all the better you already own it. I've never broken off 30lb power pro on a Chinook and you can fit a bit more on the spool.

Reactions: troutdude and Grant22
Grant22
Grant22
Snopro said:
The blackmax will work, all the better you already own it. I've never broken off 30lb power pro on a Chinook and you can fit a bit more on the spool.
Ok, thanks for the advice.
Tight lines