Garbage!

Grant22
Grant22
Hey everyone, I know that a lot of people are saying this but after some of the places i've been at this summer like for example the output of the deschutes from wickiup (It is an unsightly mess). I filled my net with old garbage from fisherman including almost anything anyone can imagine. As anglers and outdoorsmen and women, we are our ecosystems first line of defense against litter and things of the sort. Yes accidents do happen but please just make sure that we are packing everything out that we brought in and if we can maybe even more. Thanks everyone! Tight lines.

Reactions: olshiftybiscuits, troutdude, jamisonace and 2 others
jamisonace
jamisonace
Nice job taking other people's crap with you. I hope its mostly accidental but I see deliberate garbage left all over the place by complete a-holes.

DOKF
DOKF
I for one am constantly picking up fishing line accidentally tossed on the shore ...

Definitely from fisherman without a brain.

troutdude
troutdude
Sadly it's been an issue for decades. And it seems to have intensified during our current state of affairs; with maybe more peeps out fishing than usual. Thanks for helping to clean up after others.

Flyfisheress
Flyfisheress
Most of the garbage I see along The Powers highway is just the usual white trash leavings. People pick up the cans and bottles for the 10 cent refund on bottles and cans but the household garbage strewn left on highway 242 is disgusting. How can people who live on the South Coquille in such a beautiful place and throw out their trash out the window or off their truck?? When we take our house trash to the dump we pay extra for the white trash road trash we pick up. Down in the South Coquille walking barefoot in the summer I pick up fishing line with multiple hooks in the water baited with rubber salmon eggs.

Last edited:
Reactions: olshiftybiscuits and Shaun Solomon
jamisonace
jamisonace
Flyfisheress said:
Most of the garbage I see along The Powers highway is just the usual white trash leavings. People pick up the cans and bottles for the 10 cent refund on bottles and cans but the household garbage strewn left on highway 242 is disgusting. How can people who live on the South Coquille in such a beautiful place and throw out their trash out the window or off their truck?? When we take our house trash to the dump we pay extra for the white trash road trash we pick up.

Every pull out on 42 has garbage dumped from the road to the river. It is disgusting. I can't think of a punishment harsh enough for whoever is doing it.

S
Snopro

jamisonace
jamisonace
Reactions: Snopro
Flyfisheress
Flyfisheress
There is actually a rotting king size mattress at the takeout at mile 7.

F
fucarewee
There was a garbage can at a wayside park on hwy 42 , is it still there? I noticed on weekends it would be full. So i think it might come from outside travelers. SOOO wouldnt it be nice to have a built in garbage disposer in our vehicles , or a rod holder ? ha ha

jamisonace
jamisonace
fucarewee said:
SOOO wouldnt it be nice to have a built in garbage disposer in our vehicles , or a rod holder ? ha ha

We do. I call it a window.

JK

F
fucarewee
Oh you dog you ! that was a great come back!