Garbage Hole on Sandy - Black Nike Backpack Stolen $200 Reward

F
fisch
This morning 10/07 someone stole a Black Nike Backpack from Silver Subaru Outback. It was parked at Garbage Hole on Sandy River. There was a camera, cellphone, car keys and some food in it. Please PM if you saw it anywhere. Reward $200(no questions asked). Thanks a lot.

troutdude
troutdude
Man, that really stinks!

I sure hope that you get your stuff back.

G
GMR
That sucks.. Good luck hope you find it.

M
Modest_Man
Thieves should still get their hand chopped off. Nothing pisses me off more than people who have no respect for other peoples belongings.

Hope you find it.

E
eggs
good luck man i feel for you...

last year at garbage hole i had a full tackle box w/ keys to our 09' subaru, fishing permits(address, etc) and about $200 in tackle in it + box.. Keys were $225 to replace.. not to memtion the hours we waited for someone to bring a spare pair.. they took it 15 feet from me as I was helping my wife out of the river after she slipped in, i never even saw anyone else there all day!

File a police report asap with dollar amount est. you'll want that report if someone uses those key to lift your car or if they find the person..

A
Anyfishisfine
Coho season seems to bring out the shady types and just more people in general. I'm sort of looking forward to the cold and having the river to myself again.

C
Coho Kid
That's such ********. Those stupid snaggers at Cedar kept telling me I needed to move my stuff back away from the river. I refused to let it out of my sight because I was worried they'd steal my stuff. Do you have a description of anyone who was there?

F
fisch
I can only describe all of the "fisherman" over there as snaggers. Very sad! There were 2 guys spinner fishing earlier in the morning but the rest were all snaggers. Last time I went there in the fall.

S
SALTYFISH
Modest_Man said:
Thieves should still get their hand chopped off. Nothing pisses me off more than people who have no respect for other peoples belongings.

Hope you find it.

U said it perfictly! except it should be there heads!

S
SALTYFISH
Anyfishisfine said:
Coho season seems to bring out the shady types and just more people in general. I'm sort of looking forward to the cold and having the river to myself again.

I"m with ya on that one can't wait for winter steel, way less people to steal your stuff!!

and that sucks about your stuff hope u get it back! Did u have your car locked or did they break in to it?

S
SALTYFISH
This reminds me of springers on the Columbia, i was deck hand for a month. my buddy had his boad docked at Hayden island looked like a nice place but looks can be deceiving. First encounter was when i helped a customer carry his fish back to his car and some one broke the window and took all kinds of stuff. 2 days latter we come back up to the car and another car window is broke. saw this like 3 more times!! on the last time i called the cops my self and told them they needed to set up a sting , im guessing they caught the guy cause it never happened again.

F
fisch
Randomly the backpack was found and all the belongings are there. There are still some honest people out there. Thanks a lot guys for your help!

Last edited:
M
Modest_Man
Good end to the story. So what happened, someone broke into your car and jacked it and the tossed it or did it get left somewhere and a nice person picked it up?

F
fisch
It's a long story with happy ending. Not important to elaborate here. If someone is really interested I can PM. Now go fishing since rivers are LOADED with fresh Salmon after weekend rains.

C
ChezJfrey
Yeah, bizarre how that happens...and aggravating and stressful, but glad to hear you got everything back.

I once met up with some family friends at the Spaghetti Factory and while I was there, my car was busted into and my leather Coach briefcase, full of valuable stuff (phone, computer stuff, credit cards, etc...not to mention the leather case itself!), was stolen.

It was later found by a Spaghetti Factory employee on their premises with everything still in it! Weird.

B
bassman503
I bet it was an OFFer who stole your stuff.. But glad that you got your stuff back!

Top Bottom