Garbage Hole not really

Irishrover
Irishrover
Just setting the record straight....The real name of the Garbage Hole is ....Earl Cornelius Latourette Memorila Park! Latourette Feb 10 1889 to Aug 18 1956 was a Clackamas County Judge from 1931 to 1950. In 1950 Gov. McKay appointed him to the Oregon Supreme Court. He later became Chief Justice of the Oregon Supreme Court and died while holding that office. So when you hit the Garbage hole think about the Judge for a moment and your chances of nailing a steelhead will go up quite a bit. It is easier to say the Garbage Hole than Earl Cornelius Latourette Memorial Park. I bet if the Judge were still around he would hold us in contempt!;)

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Irishrover said:
Just setting the record straight....The real name of the Garbage Hole is ....Earl Cornelius Latourette Memorila Park! Latourette Feb 10 1889 to Aug 18 1956 was a Clackamas County Judge from 1931 to 1950. In 1950 Gov. McKay appointed him to the Oregon Supreme Court. He later became Chief Justice of the Oregon Supreme Court and died while holding that office. So when you hit the Garbage hole think about the Judge for a moment and your chances of nailing a steelhead will go up quite a bit. It is easier to say the Garbage Hole than Earl Cornelius Latourette Memorial Park. I bet if the Judge were still around he would hold us in contempt!;)

:clap: :clap: :lol: :lol:

H
halibuthitman
so was the garbage hole some kind of dump spot at one time?

D
DirectDrive
halibuthitman said:
so was the garbage hole some kind of dump spot at one time?
That's what I've always thought.
You have the wealthy side, West Linn and the po' side, O.C.
I'll bet that back in the day, it was easy to dump junk off the steeper bank on the po' side of the river.
It would be out of sight for the most part from the po' side but the fancy pants over on the wealthy side would get a fine view of it :D

Just a guess.

M
McMudpuddle
it's very close to the old dump and the garbage guys would go there and fish it. Thats my story and I'm sticken to it:cool:

E
eggs
It use to get a lot of illegal dunping there, it still gets a fair amount.. pretty sure the mounds of garbage that use to get left is the reason.. I know in high school from May-Sept. there were bonfires down there almost every night.. tons of pallets burned in a summer.. One of my buddies dad said it use to be so bad that clackamas county put a trooper to make rounds there every hour for a whole summer like 10 years back.. he won't fish it cuz he said there are about 30 tires in the hole from when someone dumped over 50 tires over the bank..

Last edited:
Irishrover
Irishrover
The place used to be a lot worse as far as garbage goes. That was mainly in the parking area. The tires in the water are long gone. The place is a great swimming hole in the summer except we lost the tree the rope swing was in.:shock:

D
DirectDrive
Irishrover said:
The place used to be a lot worse as far as garbage goes. That was mainly in the parking area. The tires in the water are long gone. The place is a great swimming hole in the summer except we lost the tree the rope swing was in.:shock:
Are we talkin' about the Sandy River Garbage Hole or the Willamette River Garbage Hole ?

Irishrover
Irishrover
DirectDrive said:
Are we talkin' about the Sandy River Garbage Hole or the Willamette River Garbage Hole ?
Sandy River up Marsh Rd from Dodge Park.

D
DirectDrive
Irishrover said:
Sandy River up Marsh Rd from Dodge Park.
OK, good.
I wanted to keep the Willamette Garbage Hole a secret :D

M
metalfisher76
DirectDrive said:
That's what I've always thought.
You have the wealthy side, West Linn and the po' side, O.C.
I'll bet that back in the day, it was easy to dump junk off the steeper bank on the po' side of the river.
It would be out of sight for the most part from the po' side but the fancy pants over on the wealthy side would get a fine view of it :D

Just a guess.

This is a SANDY river thread bud:lol: The garbage hole boarders, "WAIT FOR IT"
SANDY!
O the Willamette zone must of got ya?;)

D
DirectDrive
metalfisher76 said:
This is a SANDY river thread bud:lol: The garbage hole boarders, "WAIT FOR IT"
SANDY!
O the Willamette zone must of got ya?;)
Read from post #10 on :D

M
metalfisher76
C
Cohosanders
x

Last edited:
O
OnTheFly
I think maybe get the Garbage Hole name changed to the 'Judgment Day Hole'.

E
EastCountyRookie
I think it got the name from the swirl it used to have in it and it would collect all the corkies and other floating stuff coming down the river. But in the past few years the back has gave away and the swirl is gone.

Top Bottom