Lakes Galesville Reservoir 2021

C
Clbagshaw
Got down there Friday around 11: 30 and pulled out at 9. We bass fished to start with no luck then went to trolling for kokanee and rainbows. We probably caught 30 rainbows all the same size of about 10-12" recently planted. I ended up with 2 kokanee one was around 15" the other was 12". The Largemouth in there are spawning and are being stubborn so we lost quite a few. Seen a few smallmouth but no solid bites. Overall good day was my second time there and is a fun lake to learn.

• IMG_2262.JPEG
Reactions: bass, Admin and troutdude
jamisonace
jamisonace
Glad to hear it's fishing. We have a campout scheduled down there next month. Might need to check it out for Kokanee sooner than that though. Any tips on Kokanee you'd be willing share for that lake?

C
Clbagshaw
I used a ford- fender with a wedding ring and worm behind it. Was using an 1oz of weight. But I am guessing they the bigger schools are deeper down than I was fishing.

Reactions: jamisonace
jamisonace
jamisonace
Thanks...I'll give it a try. Would love to find kokanee closer to home than Odell.

C
Clbagshaw
jamisonace said:
Thanks...I'll give it a try. Would love to find kokanee closer to home than Odell.
It was my first time there but I've heard that its pretty good fishing if you are good at kokanee fishing. I have not done it much so I'm sure someone that knows what there doing and has downriggers would get on some nice fish.

4labs
4labs
Great fish but those aren't koks but coho.
Galesville is a coho population and they get a lot bigger than koks and taste a lot better plus they attack trout rigs
Look up Galesville in ODFW southwest report

C
Clbagshaw
4labs said:
Great fish but those aren't koks but coho.
Galesville is a coho population and they get a lot bigger than koks and taste a lot better plus they attack trout rigs
That does make more sense I guess its been awhile since I caught a kokanee I thought it look similar to a Coho when I caught it but did not really think to hard on it.

4labs
4labs
There are some monsters in there that push 5lbs+and over 25" I've caught most back by the buoys near the tree line
You did great to catch 2 I didn't catch any last yr

C
Clbagshaw
4labs said:
There are some monsters in there that push 5lbs+and over 25" I've caught most back by the buoys near the tree line
You did great to catch 2 I didn't catch any last yr
Dang that would be cool. I wonder how many the odfw planted in there?

D
DerrickS
I had no idea what I caught to go along with my Rainbow so I came here to see what it was I caught. Kokanee or coho? Thing is it wasn't fin clipped. It was wild and so was my rainbow
86597E52-A6F2-4EB5-9279-CD288ED74B92.jpeg

L
Lonnie
How is the water level there? Easy to launch a boat?

D
DerrickS
The lake is full and quiet

Top Bottom